User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many miles are on your 5th wheel?

Interesting question. Made the mistake of partially watching a video yesterday (had to turn it off). However, one statement peeked my curiosity a bit - 'today's RVs are not meant to be towed 10s of thousands of miles over their lifetime' or something to that effect. Came as a surprise to me but then the more I thought about it, maybe hard to find many use cases where rigs would reach 100K. We put on very close to 20K in the first two years.

Just curious if anyone else tracks mileage on their 5th wheel (limiting this question to 5th wheels because the context of the statement was a dealer reflecting on frame flex across the industry)? Pretty easy for me to get an accurate count since the TV keeps track of total miles with the trailer electrical connection live. Thinking back when I used to watch some of the full-time RV videos, I do recall frequent changes in RVs. Not sure if that was a sponsorship issue, personal preference to try different ones out, maximize re-sale, going bigger, etc. That said, seems like a lot of full-timers and extended travelers on this site have some years on their rigs.

Made me curious how many miles folks have on theirs? Sorry no cupie doll.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have 70K on ours. It’s a 2017 which we took possession of in Sept 2016. I keep a strict spreadsheet of the mileage, though it’s primary purpose is a means to track maintenance intervals and records

The RV hasn’t shown any sign of mileage wear that I’ve noticed, just typical maintenance like brakes, tires, etc.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have no clue how many miles we have our present 5th wheel, or the two previous ones. Or the pop-ups we had before that. Just never seemed important enough to keep track, since maintenance is done when necessary.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for future reference, there is a Survey function that's available when you are starting a thread.

We put 36,280 miles on our Reflection 337. We took delivery of our Solitude two days before everything started shutting down for the pandemic and have been stationary at our current location for almost two years, now. As a result, the Solitude only has 9,678 miles on it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have about 13,000 km (8,000 miles) on our 2022 Solitude.

another Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    .... Made me curious how many miles folks have on theirs? Sorry no cupie doll.
    Purchased new in April 2018. 2018~2021 we put 17,013 miles on the trailer.

Chris

PS In answer to your other question, yes I tracked the mileage
    Chris & Karen
    Fort Collins, CO
    2017 F-350 SRW 6.7 Lariat Value CC LB 4x4
    2018 Solitude 310GK - Sold 7/2023

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoChris View Post
    Purchased new in April 2018. 2018~2021 we put 17,013 miles on the trailer.

Chris

PS In answer to your other question, yes I tracked the mileage

Our 2021 Momentum 381 in 2 years had ~27,400 miles
    We got our 2023 397TH in May 2023 and we have 13,189 miles on it.
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Interesting question. Made the mistake of partially watching a video yesterday (had to turn it off). However, one statement peeked my curiosity a bit - 'today's RVs are not meant to be towed 10s of thousands of miles over their lifetime' or something to that effect. Came as a surprise to me but then the more I thought about it, maybe hard to find many use cases where rigs would reach 100K. We put on very close to 20K in the first two years.

Just curious if anyone else tracks mileage on their 5th wheel (limiting this question to 5th wheels because the context of the statement was a dealer reflecting on frame flex across the industry)? Pretty easy for me to get an accurate count since the TV keeps track of total miles with the trailer electrical connection live. Thinking back when I used to watch some of the full-time RV videos, I do recall frequent changes in RVs. Not sure if that was a sponsorship issue, personal preference to try different ones out, maximize re-sale, going bigger, etc. That said, seems like a lot of full-timers and extended travelers on this site have some years on their rigs.

Made me curious how many miles folks have on theirs? Sorry no cupie doll.
    Our rig is 7 1/2 years old and has 60,000 miles on it, at least (we didn't realize the truck would track that info until we'd already traveled some). We'll probably make it to 100K over it's lifetime.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We ordered ours in December of 2019 fully expecting to trade it after the first year. Reason is we heard from several folks who thought they got the “perfect” rig until after they use it for a short time then traded. Well that didn’t happen for us because of all the craziness in the RV industry during the pandemic. The 310 is now about 4 years old with about 35K miles. We still have no immediate plans to change it out. Not yet anyway…
    2021 Solitude 310GK: Linen/DP windows/gen prep/slide toppers/king bed/EOH disc brakes/Cooper-H tires
    2019 F-350: Lariat/CC/LB/Diesel/DRW/4x4/Bakflip MX4/B&W 20K/AirLift 5000
    Other stuff: TST 507 TPMS/2x BB batteries/Victron BMV-712/Champion 3500 dual fuel gen/Garmin 780 GPS/22" Blackstone

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    22,158 on our 2019. Have no plans to trade it. Don't know if I agree with the video you were watching. If an owner takes care of their rig and baring any catastrophic failure, I see no reason why it couldn't achieve 100K. But i do think for a lot of rigs and owners, they may age out before the mileage gets too high.

I thought maybe the responses might be varied. It kind of depends on the owners doesn't it? Traveling constantly, or infrequently, fuel prices, age and health, current world events, etc. We have had one long trip with our rig that covered 10,000 miles in one year. Fuel costs for that trip were really bad. The rest smaller trips @ 5,000 miles in a year so not adding many miles to the rig. We were going to take a longer trip this year but it got canceled due to extended family circumstances. Though Tami and I still have the nomad itch, we just can't do it right now so we are in settler mode.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast