User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hitch or Pin box for better towing

I am looking at upgrading to a 303RLS or 337RLS. Truck is in the works.

When I am looking at hitch and pin box for a smoother ride is one different than the other when it comes to a more stable ride? Or would I look into a combination of both to get a better ride?

I am sure it is fine to have whatever the Dealer puts on either if I was a weekend camper but we plan on going full time.
    Upstate NY
    2022 Ford F150 with trailer tow package
    2022 Transcend Xplor 231rk
    2021 Shih Tzu Millie

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have only pulled with two different 5th wheel hitches so I can't tell you what is best, but I can tell you I'm really happy with my B&W Companion hitch. The other hitch was what a dealer put on and it was a bit 'loose' so to speak. Clunking when accelerating, stopping etc. None of that with the Companion. Plus the B&W tilts side to side as well, my other one didn't which made unhitching and hitching a challenge sometimes.
    https://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel...BWRVK3600.html
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had our Rhino Box changed out before pickup with the Reese Goosebox. Had them on previous rigs and like them. Smooth ride, very little chucking, no heavy hitch to get out of the bed when you need it.
    2023 Reflection 370FLS

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went with the Curt Crosswing for a hitch that didn't cause me to break my back and didn't void the frame warranty.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 337 and use the Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch and am happy with it. It only weighs around 50 something pounds and is easy to remove.
    Jason & Celia-Texas
    2019 GD Reflection 337 RLS
    2020 GMC Denali, Dually
    Pungo Kayaks,Lectric E-bikes

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since your going full time, how much are you going to be removing the hitch?
    I had a Reese 16k on my previous two 5th's. It was a real PIA to unhitch from the trailer & snapped off a one-inch grade eight bolt to the head. They probably have improved on them now as it is about ten years old (it's behind the shed if anybody want to buy it).
    I now have a B&W Companion & have had no issues for the past five years. Hitching and unhitching is a breeze. Breaks down in two pieces if you want to pull it out of the truck.
    Last edited by Gronk1; 03-10-2024 at 09:57 AM.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by docque View Post
    I am looking at upgrading to a 303RLS or 337RLS. Truck is in the works.

When I am looking at hitch and pin box for a smoother ride is one different than the other when it comes to a more stable ride? Or would I look into a combination of both to get a better ride?

I am sure it is fine to have whatever the Dealer puts on either if I was a weekend camper but we plan on going full time.
    If you are going to full time with a lot of travel, I would get a long bed and an air hitch to remove as much shock as possible to the trailer frame. While the trailer frame is thanking you, you are also the recipient of a better ride.
    Larry and JoAnna
    ‘23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, ‘22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    I went with the Curt Crosswing for a hitch that didn't cause me to break my back and didn't void the frame warranty.

Rob
    I have been researching the Crosswing myself. How do you like it? Any problems hitching or unhitching?
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SGT ROC View Post
    I have been researching the Crosswing myself. How do you like it? Any problems hitching or unhitching?
    So far I like it a lot. Never any issues hitching or unhitching. Since the mounting piece that goes on the kingpin rotates freely I can basically hook up at any angle I need to. I did have to upgrade my Morryde Rubber pin box sjid plate to the heavier reinforced skid plate kit that Morryde uses for the Andersen hitches but other than that it has been great so far.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    So far I like it a lot. Never any issues hitching or unhitching. Since the mounting piece that goes on the kingpin rotates freely I can basically hook up at any angle I need to. I did have to upgrade my Morryde Rubber pin box sjid plate to the heavier reinforced skid plate kit that Morryde uses for the Andersen hitches but other than that it has been great so far.

Rob
    May I ask where you purchased it from?
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast