User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Triple filter system for drinking water only or whole rv?

I’m tired of bringing drinking water on trips and we are going to have a seasonal this year in the Catskills. I designed a triple filter system to go under the kitchen sink to a dedicated faucet just for drinking water. I’ll still use a 10” sediment filter at the main water input. My thoughts are that I want to keep the water flow as high as possible and only have filtered water in one faucet. I also figure that filtering at the faucet should pretty much ensure the best possible drinking water since there are less places for it to get some funk. Am I missing something here? Does anyone else do it this way?

Thanks in advance.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I considered a triple filter for drinking water. Instead I got a Clearsource Ultra Filter system and I coupled it with my water softener. Now we don't carry any water bottles or gallons of water; the ice is nice too. I figured for what one of those good 3 filter systems cost Clearsource wasn't so much. And it beats those Berkly filters that take up the whole counter. I got rid of the Clearsource steel cage and just use some aluminum to couple the filters - much lighter!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2656.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.98 MB 
ID:	50012
    Last edited by traveldawg; 03-12-2024 at 06:55 PM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ardvark16 View Post
    I’m tired of bringing drinking water on trips and we are going to have a seasonal this year in the Catskills. I designed a triple filter system to go under the kitchen sink to a dedicated faucet just for drinking water. I’ll still use a 10” sediment filter at the main water input. My thoughts are that I want to keep the water flow as high as possible and only have filtered water in one faucet. I also figure that filtering at the faucet should pretty much ensure the best possible drinking water since there are less places for it to get some funk. Am I missing something here? Does anyone else do it this way?

Thanks in advance.
    Sounds like a good plan for you. We filter with dual filter setup and the On the GO water softener feed into the RV.. I gave up the battle with my wife on bottle water use , but cut the amount she buys and we haul on the rig.
    2021 Solitude S Class 3540GK
    F-350 DRW Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife insisted on bottled water for far too long. I installed a Clear2O dual filter which filters down to <2 microns for all water that enters the RV (just ahead of the water softener). Then I put a BluTech .2 micron filter at the cold water line at the kitchen sink. When we fill our Brita pitcher for drinking water it gets an extra filtering. She has been very happy with that setup and I'm happy not to buy and haul cases of drinking water around and throwing bottles in the recycle, which I find ridiculous. Actually, we bought gallons of water instead of individual bottles mostly but still. I still also use a cheaper sediment filter at the spigot just to keep the bigger stuff out if we happen to be at a really bad water source. For us, it's been a win win!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We use a triple filtter and a single that is connected to the water softener. All that and no matter how many filters used we couldn't filter out the horrible taste and smell of FL water.
    Broke down this winter and bought a Berkey system someone bought for use during hurricanes but they decided it is easier to stock and use bottled. They sold it unused and cheap! ..our gain for sure! it sits on a small table in the corner near the rear of the trailer not in the way and I can reach the top for refills. It really does make the water taste good! We use it for drinking , the dogs water dish ,coffee and cooking.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DIY triple water filter using filter housings from AMZN and the Clearsource filter pack. Water tastes better than home. No plastic bottles required.

Name:	PXL_20210520_002837588.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	50034
    Last edited by jproctor9; 03-13-2024 at 01:05 PM.
    James and Dawn
    2019 F150 SCREW 3.5EB 6.5' - Haloview MC7109; Cooper AT3 LTX; Sumo Springs; ProPride WDH

2021 Imagine 2400BH - GY Endurance 225/75-15; MORryde CRE3000, HD shackles and wet bolts, X-factor crossmembers

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed a triple under my sink. I also added a faucet dedicated to it. I’ll use a single filter on the rv water inlet with a 5 micron sediment filter. I also put the vanity panel back to protect the stuff from people knocking into it or sleestacks.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0510.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	50184Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0490.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	50186
    Last edited by ardvark16; 03-22-2024 at 11:38 AM.
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 278BH (150)
    2022 Ford F-350 Lariat Godzilla SRW
    B&W Companion Ford OEM 20k with Turning Point

2019 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.4 gas (SOLD)
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 21BHE (SOLD)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Water treatment is a part of my job, the filtering is fine, but how frequently are you sanitizing ALL the plumbing inside the trailer and how frequently are you changing the filters. All water grows bacteria eventually and how are you removing the various chemicals, it is more complicated than just slapping a filter in line and saying it is all good.
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredWeasel View Post
    Water treatment is a part of my job, the filtering is fine, but how frequently are you sanitizing ALL the plumbing inside the trailer and how frequently are you changing the filters. All water grows bacteria eventually and how are you removing the various chemicals, it is more complicated than just slapping a filter in line and saying it is all good.
    I sanitize with bleach each spring. I prefer to leave the bleach in overnight rather than a couple of hours; might be overkill but I've always done it that way. We're usually traveling for one to several months at a time vs weekends so when we use the filters it's high use I guess you would call it. I find I change the 5 micron filter each 30 to 60 days. The 1 micron about every 90 days. And the .2 micron at the kitchen sink for drinking water also about 90 days. When filling the fresh water tank, I run the water from the panel so it all goes through the dual stage filter and water softener before it gets into the tank rather than use the gravity fill.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I installed this one by Aquasana for drinking water.

Name:	IMG_20240129_152743058 (1).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	50192

Name:	IMG_20240129_152855046 (1).jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	50193
    2021 Imagine 22mle

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast