User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry I can not find the fresh water over fill / air vent on 311BHS

Getting ready for our first boon docking trip in our new to us 311BHS. This week will be de-winterize and filling up the fresh water tank. I can not find the fresh water over fill / air vent. . . . . . . I know where the fresh water drain is but not the overflow vent. I think I could full tank until water runs out some place, but I would like to know where the water is going to come out so I could plan for the overflow.
    We have just got a new to us 2021 reflections 5th wheel Model 311 BHS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overflow pipe should be blue, near the freshwater drain valve and the low point drains. Just a suggestion, you may wish to add some type of valve on the overflow pipe when you locate it. Ours acted like a siphon while underway and would only have a 1/4 tank of fresh water.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilletface View Post
    Ours acted like a siphon while underway and would only have a 1/4 tank of fresh water.
    Thanks I found it. The previous owner have modified it so it was hard to find. I have read other post that talked about the siphon effect. But I do not understand how SIPHON works, IF THE VENT/OVERFILL hose is above the "normal" water level of the tank.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TenOCPlus View Post
    Thanks I found it. The previous owner have modified it so it was hard to find. I have read other post that talked about the siphon effect. But I do not understand how SIPHON works, IF THE VENT/OVERFILL hose is above the "normal" water level of the tank.
    just REMEMBER to open to open the valve when filling your fresh water tank......don't want it to rupture.
    Dave & Carol
    Eastern GTA, ON
    2022 Reflection 303RLS Fifth Wheel
    2017 GMC 2500 Crew Cab pick up (6.0 litre Gasser)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The previous owner may have already modified the overflow to correct the siphon effect, try filling your freshwater tank first before doing anything. This siphon thing is an issue for some and there were different ways to modify the overflow tube. The only reason I put a shark bite valve on was because I had one laying around. Mine stays open most of the time because I rarely travel with more than a 1/4 to 1/2 tank of freshwater.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've discovered that if you find a way to 'burp' the overflow pipe, you can shut down the siphon.

With my 261BH, I can fill from either the gravity port or the Wet Bay until the overflow starts to piddle out.
    After shutting off the water, it would continue to siphon for a number of minutes until the tank water levels dropped below the pickup for the overflow, leaving a significant amount of water on the ground.

By standing on the steps without the stabilizers extended, I can rock the trailer enough to slosh the water in the fresh tank, you can hear this by listening to the gurgling noises coming out the gravity fill port.
    If I do this when the overflow is flowing, I can slosh the water far enough so a bubble of air gets siphoned up the tube, killing the siphon.
    Otherwise, as you all know, I drive along leaving a trail of water (and tears over lost showers) behind me.
    2021 Transcend 261bh
    2021 Ford F-150 3.5eb

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think my 2021 reflections 5th wheel Model 311 BHS has a gravity fill port. AM I WRONG??? ...

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not think my 2021 reflections 5th wheel Model 311 BHS has a gravity fill port. AM I WRONG??? ...
    No you are not wrong, even though we have a different water panel our '14 303 dose not have a gravity fill port either....and I do miss having one
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/