User Tag List

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: RVing Etiquette

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "That's why I got the instant cab heat on my Ford defrost/defogs the windshield in minutes." Your F350 is six years newer than mine. I don't have that. Maybe it will be on the next truck.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV2600RB View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I find the lack of RVers etiquette toward fellow neighbors/campers in RV parks and campgrounds deplorable. Nobody has any regard for their fellow campers anymore. Loud music, louder trucks, unrestrained kids and dogs running loose, etc. Nobody offering to help a fellow camper with problems.
    What has happened to our society, specifically RVers???? SMH
    Rich
    I hear you all on the post about all the strangeness with people not being as “friendly and neighborly” but there are still good people out there. I don’t know what I would have done if a camp neighbor had not gone above and beyond helping me in a heavy rain storm when breaking camp. They (man and adult son) helped my with a situation for several hours in the rain, even took me to a store to get tools and such to help me get on the road. I’ll never forget their kindness and I’ll strive to “pay it forward” in the future.
    2023 RAM 2500, 2021 Transcend 240ML

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    One of the most difficult decisions for me is whether to ask someone who is having a hard time backing into a campsite if they need help. You don't want to insult someone by seeming to think they can't back a trailer, but at the same time some can't, or maybe just can't see where they are going.

I usually watch for a few minutes and if it appears they just need another set of eyes, I like to offer. You can tell pretty quick if they want help or want you out of their way.

I know I've only had a couple of times that I needed someone to watch and most times I just want to do it my way.
    Last fall a lady in her 70’s was really struggling to get her TT backed into her site just across from us. I walked over and asked if there was anything I could do to help. She asked if I would be willing to back it in for her. I did and was lucky, I got it positioned perfectly the first time!

She was so grateful that later that evening she brought us fresh baked cookies.

A few days later, she was trying to hook up in the rain. She just didn’t have the strength to crank the tongue jack up. I hooked everything up for her. She told me that she loves camping and wouldn’t be able to do it if other campers weren’t willing to help. I was happy to help. I hope I am still able to camp when I am her age.

On the other hand, it can get irritating when some one interrupts my set up or takedown routine and I have to start over. A missed step hitching or unhitching could be disastrous.

Mark
    Mark & Megan & Levi (our floppy eared four legged furry friend)
    2019 Reflection 303RLS
    2019 Chevy Silverado 3500HD Duramax
    B & W Companion

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She should invest in an electric tongue jack.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I have no problem leaving immeadiatly, unless my windows are fogged up. My rule: Truck doesn't move when I can't see thru the windows.
    I remember a guy once telling me his windows were fogged up so he had to drive slow because he couldn't see.......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PicardFP.jpeg 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	50226
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    She should invest in an electric tongue jack.
    ..... or maybe use an RV rental service that will move, set up and pickup a RV (of your choice) to a CG for you. A cabin might be nice too?
    Jim and Annette
    2019 Reflection 150 295RL
    US Army Veteran
    Missouri (AKA Misery)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trailrydr View Post
    ..... or maybe use an RV rental service that will move, set up and pickup a RV (of your choice) to a CG for you. A cabin might be nice too?
    As a confirmed boondocker we have very little campground experience. When we went to Yellowstone in Sept.,we had to use a couple. One private out of the park, and another private inside. Both prohibited this idea.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    That's cool. I try not to bother a dude when he is busy...he could be just poking around or........ near the end of his rope trying to fix a problem...
    When we were camping at Corpus, I had a fellow camper introduce himself to me when I was out walking the dog and he just happened to be a retired Navy Seabee (Navy Construction Battalion), same as I. We even had served in the same Seabee battalions, just at different times. If someone says hi, I will also reply back and if a conversation starts, I go with it. I'm pretty much a loner, but do enjoy meeting other people and listening to their stories.
    US Navy Seabees Retired
    2020 Ford F350 Lariat Crew Cab SRW PS 6.7
    2023 Grand Design Solitude 390RK

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567