Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: RVing Etiquette

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RV2600RB View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but I find the lack of RVers etiquette toward fellow neighbors/campers in RV parks and campgrounds deplorable. Nobody has any regard for their fellow campers anymore. Loud music, louder trucks, unrestrained kids and dogs running loose, etc. Nobody offering to help a fellow camper with problems.
    What has happened to our society, specifically RVers???? SMH
    Rich
    Sooooooo, are you EXPECTING me to interrupt my vacation/weekend outing and spend time repairing your rig? Been down that rabbit hole, lended a hand to help a fellow repair a broken sink drain, Well before we left he came over and asked me to fix the cabinet that was damaged by all that water. Then raised a stink when I told him no as I was packing to leave.

If you need someone to hold a ladder, pass you tools, or be an extra set of hands, sure I will give you a bit of time. But if you are expecting me to bring tools, diagnose, plan and facilitate the repair. Hell no.

If you can't fix it yourself or pay to have it fixed you shouldn't have an RV.
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Believe it is worse in the northeast - just too many events that demand some extra caution. But some of that was ingrained as a scout leader decades back - never one on one with any of the scouts for any reason ever - two-deep leadership and we had to practice that in a major defense contractor as well during annual reviews of subordinates. Different times maybe but our children were never in a public place without a parent or trusted adult and that was three decades ago.
    Scout master here as well. 15 years. I reflect back on those times and think about the personal risk I took trying to teach young men servant leadership, independence and outdoor skills. Just one scout with an accusation, true or not, and your life would get turned upside down. Absolutely 2 deep adult leadership with an adult you trust. I did miss it, but as it fades into the distance it dawns on me the amount of personal risk I assumed, blindly I might add for the greater good.
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to say that in 95% (maybe higher) of the campgrounds we have been at have been pleasant stays. We do mostly camp at state of federal campgrounds, but even at the private ones have been mostly good. We like seeing kids being kids. We take our grandkids a couple of times a year and have mostly a pleasant time. I say mostly because at times we have to put our foot down on minimal issues, but overall nice. Most times the people are friendly enough, saying hi and so on. Sometimes longer conversations ensue, which is great. We as an extended family camp quite often together and enjoy diverse conversations.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people are great people.........it's the a-holes you remember though cuz they burn a memory into your brain...lol Thankfully there aren't many of those.

Really...last year we went from up here north of Minnesota to Quartzsite AZ and back over three months. We met nothing but fantastic Americans. All willing to chat, tell stories, invite you over for drinks. not a rude person in the bunch. So I gotta think running into rude people must be the exception rather than the rule in the USA....or we were really lucky? I have a rather, let's say, colourful political sticker in our back window regarding the current gov't in Canada. I made a lot of friends with that sticker...lol
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow the memories this brings back, both from making friends to near enemies.

The worse experience was watching a kid take a ball off our table. I went to talk to thier parents and was told thier boy was an angle and never stole anything. They got mad and said I was lying - even with the ball in the kids hand when I asked him where he got it.

The funniest was watching a young group camping in one of those rentals and not knowing how to dump the black tank. I helped them get it right just before the impending disaster. They were from Germany on a 6 month tour of the US. We got to know them quiet well and got them squared away on how the camper worked.

The most exciting was hearing screams for help from a group of girls a few sites over and seeing flames leaping high from a Colman fuel stove. It was the first time she had used it by herself. Her father loaned it to her. I got the flames out by turning it off just as the fire truck pulled up. no one hurt except for some singed hair. Then withe fireman's help gave her instruction on how to properly light it. She had overfilled the tank and over pressurized it with a lot of fuel coming out. The next day she asked for help, but I made her do it and everything went well

Yep had folks walk through camp and being noisy after quiet hours. Usually the camp ground host got things right. What really bugs me now is the folks with the bright mood lightning they leave on at night, or the outside TV blaring.

For the most part I just try to roll with it.
    Last edited by powerscol; 03-23-2024 at 01:44 PM.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post

For the most part I just try to roll with it.
    When I'm camping...this is my mantra as well. You can get me pi$$ed off, but it takes a fair amount of abuse.
    Funny you mentioned the German tourists. A number of years ago we did something similar helping out a family from Stuttgart when we were in Jasper National park in Alberta.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We haven't had any problems other than one night staying at a brewery on corn hole tourney night. Two guys brought extra six packs and the discussions were on-going until midnight which really didn't bother us. I dozed in the recliner and what caught my attention was a head popping up at the window right next to me. Happened twice that night and I realized what he was doing - at least he didn't hit the trailer. Note to self - park further away from building activity.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some years ago we were at a campground with some very social neighbors. They were a bit loud, but not terrible. We headed to bed at our normal time, which was a bit before quiet hours started. Two hours later they were still out there, sometimes fairly quiet and sometimes quite loud. I finally called the cops and then sat by the window. About 15 minutes later a car arrived. Didn't hear another sound from there.

Campground hosts aren't law enforcement people. They are the friendly face of the park. If there is a rule issue after hours call the local law enforcement people. Unless it is an emergency, don't use 911. Take the time to look up the non-emergency number and use it. You will get someone who knows what's going on and will get the proper person to the campground to take care of the problem. Please be as specific as possible. "I'm at the campground by the lake and some people are too loud" isn't very helpful. "I'm at Site 123 at the Dunksburg campground on the south side of Smelly Lake. They people across from me have been partying quite loudly since before 10:00 and quiet hours started at 9:00" is MUCH more helpful.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredWeasel View Post
    Sooooooo, are you EXPECTING me to interrupt my vacation/weekend outing and spend time repairing your rig? Been down that rabbit hole, lended a hand to help a fellow repair a broken sink drain, Well before we left he came over and asked me to fix the cabinet that was damaged by all that water. Then raised a stink when I told him no as I was packing to leave.

If you need someone to hold a ladder, pass you tools, or be an extra set of hands, sure I will give you a bit of time. But if you are expecting me to bring tools, diagnose, plan and facilitate the repair. Hell no.

WOW!
    Well, that is a bit harsh.
    I don’t expect you or anyone else to fix anything for me or bring me tools. I have the tools and I’m capable of doing things myself.
    I was simply referring to lending a hand if you see someone struggling with something on their rig. Parking, leveling, pulling out the awning, things of that nature. SMH
    Rich
    '16 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4x4 / '21 Imagine 2600RB
    The Journey Is The Destination

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoredWeasel View Post

I don't think he mentioned "EXPECTING" in his comments anywhere. You are correct though in the fact that Your time is your time and how you choose to spend it is entirely up to you. If you feel like offering some help to someone that is having issues, or if you don't....entirely your decision. There are obviously people that need/want some help, along with others that don't want or need help, and you have a choice on how you react...or not, to them.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast