User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: RVing Etiquette

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the most difficult decisions for me is whether to ask someone who is having a hard time backing into a campsite if they need help. You don't want to insult someone by seeming to think they can't back a trailer, but at the same time some can't, or maybe just can't see where they are going.

I usually watch for a few minutes and if it appears they just need another set of eyes, I like to offer. You can tell pretty quick if they want help or want you out of their way.

I know I've only had a couple of times that I needed someone to watch and most times I just want to do it my way.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I am from the south and saying hi or howdy is expected and it is considered rude to not at least to acknowledge someone with a nod. I mostly camp at Corps of Engineers camp grounds for the space. Walking around the campsites and pausing for a hello chat is most of the time a good experience. Dogs should be leashed and their leavings picked up. I do not go through others campsites and expect mine to be treated the same. I do like to see kids playing outside but the young ones need some supervision( not mine ). I have to admit to having a redo on backing in to a spot and sometimes a 3do or a 4do. Practice makes you better and one of these days I may be pretty good. Helping someone has never seemed a chore if they need it but most of us have a way we like to set up and take down camp. Your camping and supposedly having fun and if your not having fun then what is the point. Life is an adventure. If you want to go to bed at 8pm stay home. If the music is too loud your too old and you can always ask to have it lowered. If you neighbor has his outdoor speakers on an watching tv and does not realize it, knock on the door and let him know and that you did the same thing 2 nights ago. Some times when you talk to people you learn things and sometimes you share knowledge. Reading the owners guide is not required to own a RV. I had a guy once camped next to me ask if there was something wrong with my air conditioner because it kept starting and stopping. I told him I had it on auto mode and he looked at me funny then asked me how I did it. This was his third year with his 337rls. If one of the things that you forget to pack in your rig is fun, you may be missing out. Manners are taught and some folks are lacking in this area and just need to be shown by example and some never learn. Sometimes you just gotta deal.
    2020 Grand Design 337RLS
    2018 Ram 2500 CC SWB 6.4 ltr
    B&W Patriot Slider 18k

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most interesting "help" we got was from a fellow campground host. We arrived at the park and were told to park in a particular site. Jo Ann and I use radios to communicate, so she had her radio out and was stationed where she could easily see. I was in the motorhome and the other host was about to open the door to get in to help guide me into the spot. Jo Ann yelled at him that she would guide me into the site, so he reluctantly walked away. I really think all he wanted was to see inside the coach, and he got to do that a day or two later.

We don't often stay at KOA, but sometimes we find them to be the best choice. They always take you to your site. Usually, they stick around for a minute or two to make sure that you fit, and have no problems. At one, the man who lead us to the site thought it was his job to get us parked, and was a bit miffed that I was listening to Jo Ann on the radio instead of watching him wave his arms. At the next KOA we were guided to our spot, and as soon as the guide saw the radio, he got a big grin and said that we obviously knew what we were doing and to call if we needed any help.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 6:15am this morning my neighbor started his truck and left it idling for 15min before driving away, that made me think about this thread.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    At 6:15am this morning my neighbor started his truck and left it idling for 15min before driving away, that made me think about this thread.
    Depends on the conditions. When I was at Yellowstone in Sept. the windows would fog really bad. Driving in the dark in unfamalier surroundings with fogged up windows is not a good idea. Some diesels take a long time to warm up.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oil flow is good in under 30 seconds. One can drive easy for the first 5 minutes.
    2021 Momentum 395MS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    Depends on the conditions. When I was at Yellowstone in Sept. the windows would fog really bad. Driving in the dark in unfamalier surroundings with fogged up windows is not a good idea. Some diesels take a long time to warm up.
    or you don't like getting in a cold truck
    GMC 2500 HD Gas
    GD Imagine XLS22 MLE

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alkbch View Post
    Oil flow is good in under 30 seconds. One can drive easy for the first 5 minutes.
    I have no problem leaving immeadiatly, unless my windows are fogged up. My rule: Truck doesn't move when I can't see thru the windows.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "My rule: Truck doesn't move when I can't see thru the windows." And if you can't tell what you are looking at you probably ought not move, either.
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://www.smugmug.com/app/organize/2022-315RLTS-Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kb0zke View Post
    "My rule: Truck doesn't move when I can't see thru the windows." And if you can't tell what you are looking at you probably ought not move, either.
    That's why I got the instant cab heat on my Ford defrost/defogs the windshield in minutes
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast