User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    NVFlyAngler

Prospective Owner from Northern Nevada

We're at least a couple of years out from our first RV purchase but, based on preliminary research, GD will positively make the short list. We looked at a Reflection 303 the other day and agreed that we both like it a lot - in, fact, it may be the favorite rig we've browsed so far. I'd like to take a look at a 337 one of these days, too.

We foresee the vast majority of our outings keeping us west of the Rockies in areas that offer opportunities for kayaking, bicycling, fly fishing and golf - or combinations thereof. I'm already compiling a list of potential destinations - places I visited as a child with my parents and places I've never seen. Retirement (someday) will find us in Reno or perhaps Boise.

As only a prospective owner, I won't be able to contribute a lot in the informative post department, but please expect the occasional, hopefully semi-intelligent question.

Thank you!

Ken

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ken ,welcome to the board. You'll look at the 337 and have a tough decision between it and the 303. Both are great layouts. Either way it'll feel like home.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ken- like you we plan to scour the western US when we retire, spending as much time in Eastern Sierra type locations as we can. For that reason we tried to stay under 30' to have access to all the national parks, but compromised when we saw the 303.
    If you're happy with the floor plan, my advice would to go with a 33' rig vs 36-37' version, it's my understanding some parks are really strict on length.
    Also like you we planned on retiring before buying our first 5w, but thought weekend trips would be a good way to learn the "business". So we bought ours earlier this year and having a blast with it.
    We still consider ourselves rookies, but be glad to help you any way we can.

John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

NVFlyAngler
    @Marcy & Gary: Thank you for the welcome! The layouts seem quite similar, so I’m sure we’d like the 337. I’ll be anxious to tour one if/when our local dealer brings one in. For comparison purposes, we looked at a Solitude 325X that is parked next to the 303. We much preferred the 303.

@John: We had actually been looking at some much bigger SOBs - bigger than I really wanted to tow (pushing 40 ft.). When I stumbled across the 303's floor plan, I was anxious to see if we liked it... and we did. If you don't already have it, pick up a copy of California's Eastern Sierra: A Visitor's Guide by Sue Irwin. A beautifully photographed and comprehensive guide to the entire eastern Sierra from Lone Pine to the Nevada border. And thank you for the offer of assistance!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I think I've seen it.
    For my money the prettiest drive in America is Crowley to Tahoe.
    Course I'm slightly biased having been born and raised in Lone Pine, still go back all the time, including backpacking trip to horton lakes this weekend.

John
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We love our 337 (full-time in it, now). The one piece of advice I would give would be to pay as much attention to your tow vehicle as you do your fifth wheel. In retrospect, I'm very sorry I didn't purchase a 1-ton (probably SRW) rather than the 3/4 ton I have. I would have liked to have the extra payload/pin weight capacity when we started loading stuff for full-timing.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum Ken and good luck with your search for your camper!

Steve

NVFlyAngler
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    We love our 337 (full-time in it, now). The one piece of advice I would give would be to pay as much attention to your tow vehicle as you do your fifth wheel. In retrospect, I'm very sorry I didn't purchase a 1-ton (probably SRW) rather than the 3/4 ton I have. I would have liked to have the extra payload/pin weight capacity when we started loading stuff for full-timing.
    Assuming we don't end up with a much larger/heavier 5er, a 350/3500 SRW probably makes the most sense. If we're able to pull this off prior to retirement, it'll be a daily driver for a few years so I'd prefer to stay away from a DRW. The TV may likely be the last vehicle I purchase, though, so I want to get it right the first time.

If you're full-timing in your 337, I'm even more anxious to see one up close and personal.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve and Cill View Post
    Welcome to the forum Ken and good luck with your search for your camper!
    Thank you for the welcome, Steve!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the group. Only advantage to training wheels is you have a wider footprint under the hitch.
    2018 Freedom Elite 24FE, 2 Yorkies, and my wife MARILYN, HAM call K0LCB. Traveling around this great country, making friends and seeing lot of beautiful and interesting places

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the forum. Thebiggest selling point on the 337 for us is the bigger shower w/seat for wife shaving legs, and the bigger floor space in bedroom. We plan to full/most time in the next few years so the extra space was huge for us. Other than that they are almost the same. Beautiful rig either way.
    Good luck!
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]