User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are some legitimate posts on subjects that don't quite fit in the hierarchy neatly. Sometimes I'll post them in the General Discussion because I just don't know where they fit best. Also, if the post is important enough, it probably should be in the discussion area that gets the most traffic? Example is the Momentum/Solitude Frame Flex TSB. There is no general frame category (maybe there should be or should I have double posted and put it in the frame sections of both Momentum and Solitude)? Sometimes I don't know where it really belongs but I usually end the post with "mods, feel free to move to appropriate category". I can still track it.

Perhaps there also should be a help sub-forum for members that need some assistance on the road with some urgency of response needed. I posted one such asking if anyone had a spare wet bolt after we broke down in Montana. Did it belong in suspension, Solitude, someplace else? I don't know but I looked at the numbers of viewers and put it General Discussion since the wet bolts span more than one line of Grand Designs. It not hard to see the number of viewers in General Discussion far exceeds those in the axles, brakes, and suspension sub-forum. But on the flip side, General Discussion gets so much varying traffic, it has to be cleaned or it becomes unreadable. Not perfect and the mods have been doing a very good job with a lot of traffic. JMO
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by robmcqueen View Post
    The site moderator make the rule and they love to in force them. For the most part they do a good job but don't cross them or else. LOL
    I have not found the mods here to be over bearing at all.
    I consider this to be a lightly moderated forum.
    I have been on some boards that were heavily moderated. Funny thing is that seems to be a problem that fixes itself. Those forums tend to wither and die, as members stop posting and leave.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Clear as mud , right
    I thought it was very clear. My comment "not really" was referring to the OP question and I am not really tired of having posts moved around. I appreciate that there are people helping to keep things organized. If not, 90% of questions would end up in the General category. When posting we don't always think about which category the question really fits into, that is until someone moves it to the right category. Then, at least for me, it makes me stop and think first about where I should post it to save someone else the effort of having to move it for me. So, thank you moderators for helping us all keep things straight. If everything ended up in General, it would be harder to scroll through questions pertaining to a specific category.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntindog View Post
    I have been on some boards that were heavily moderated. Funny thing is that seems to be a problem that fixes itself. Those forums tend to wither and die, as members stop posting and leave.
    I agree 100%. I appreciate the moderator's help in categorizing our posts and as previously mentioned the perceived problem will eventually go away.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not a big fan of "Ditto", but it would sure seem to fit right here. So Ditto!
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the best moderated forum I've had the pleasure of being a part of. I've left others in multiple domains that were oppressive and others where lack of moderation resembled the youtube comment section or amazon reviews.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Hoppy...so ditto ditto.

We've got a great bunch of moderators. Thanks for the time you spend.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by el Rojo View Post
    I agree with Hoppy...so ditto ditto.

We've got a great bunch of moderators. Thanks for the time you spend.
    HE....would probably like it better if you agreed with "HOOPY" LOL

PS....I've done the same thing.......typed Hoppy instead of Hoopy and had to go back and edit it.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    T
    Perhaps there also should be a help sub-forum for members that need some assistance on the road with some urgency of response needed. I posted one such asking if anyone had a spare wet bolt after we broke down in Montana.
    I like that idea, a SOS type thing for on the road and need help fast . We can suggest it to the Administration. Maybe as a sub forum to the top general section, not as a sticky, those get overlooked quite often.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    HE....would probably like it better if you agreed with "HOOPY" LOL

PS....I've done the same thing.......typed Hoppy instead of Hoopy and had to go back and edit it.
    Well, my mother always said "Call me anything but late for dinner".
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast