User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Park Power by Marinco
    Right Angle Adapter with One 50A 125/250V Locking with Sealing Collar System Connector and One 50A 125/250V Locking Male Plug
    Part # 1RPC50RV
    Well made.
    Tom and Sandi
    2017 337RLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Kinda the way life has gone in general, isn't it?...

Rob
    yeah, sadly. My first reaction to clicking that link was the price it is now, but yeah. pretty much the same everywhere.
    2024 Solitude 376RD...was: 2018 Momentum 349M
    2020 RAM 3500 Cummins HO/4:10/DRW...was: 2016 GMC Denali HD Duramax/Allison
    B&W Companion 25K...was: Reese Goosebox 20K...was: B&W Companion Slider 20K

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our 50Amp cable came with a 'built-in' dog bone - at least partially maybe a 30° bend. I don't know if completely removes the strain, but it does a good job of keeping it away from the side. Have they not continued with that and gone back to the straight connector?
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Kellem Grip. I placed a small coat hook under a screw that holds the furnace shroud to the exterior wall. The grip hangs on that.
    https://www.elecdirect.com/cable-mes...ce=1&geoip=cad
    They make several sizes and types. There are 'wrap around type' if your cord has a molded end, and then there is the sort in the picture.....I put mine on when i was changing a burnt end

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Here's my $2 solution...maybe free, if you already have some cord like I did. I tied a bowline with a loop at the top, just big enough to fit over the base of the trailer receptacle, and then a slip knot at the other end to make it adjustable. When I unplug, I just leave the cord attached to the power cord and it's always there for the next time. This has worked for me for the last 4 years or so and this method puts the strain as close as possible to the trailer itself, where the 4 screws to into the trailer to hold the receptacle in the wall.

Ya just gotta hate you smart, go-for-the-simple-fix guys. Where’s the fun if you can’t make an expensive science project out of it?
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Traveler View Post
    Ya just gotta hate you smart, go-for-the-simple-fix guys. Where’s the fun if you can’t make an expensive science project out of it?
    Well, I am from Tennessee, so duct tape is our "chrome" mod material and is also considered a permanent repair!
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    Well, I am from Tennessee, so duct tape is our "chrome" mod material and is also considered a permanent repair!
    I wish I had a picture of my last boat cover. It was more duct tape than canvas.
    2021 Solitude 380FL-R
    Ram 3500 MegaCab SB DRW

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leaning toward that simple fix of using some cord or the finger torture device, though I'd like to re-terminate the anaconda with a 45 or 90 degree connector. Something like this SS2-50R.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45 degree connector.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	50200

Putting the dogbone on there, and adding another connection that can create voltage drop/heat seems non-ideal, but clearly it works just fine, and we use them when reducing to 30A, 20A or 15A service anyway.
    Last edited by BWSTGDS; 03-23-2024 at 07:38 PM.
    2001 F350 SRW CC LB Lariat 7.3, 33" Toyo AT2, Transgo, 6.0 trans cooler, exhaust brake, extended overload spring bumpstops, Bilstein 4600, Hydra/PHP, FORScan, billet 7/7 turbo wheel, Adrenaline HPOP, EBC yellow stuff brake pads
    2019 Solitude 377MBS, 5.5kW Onan, Kodiak disc brakes/Titan Brakerite actuator, EquaFlex/wetbolts, Triangle TRT01 LRG tires, Splendide W/D, Magnum Energy 3000W inverter/charger, 4-225AH-6V NPP AGM's, Winegard WiFi extender, RV airflow, Progressive Ind HW EMS, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BWSTGDS View Post
    Leaning toward that simple fix of using some cord or the finger torture device, though I'd like to re-terminate the anaconda with a 45 or 90 degree connector. Something like this SS2-50R.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45 degree connector.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	153.1 KB 
ID:	50200

Putting the dogbone on there, and adding another connection that can create voltage drop/heat seems non-ideal, but clearly it works just fine, and we use them when reducing to 30A, 20A or 15A service anyway.
    Having a single plug is better than the 90° adapter for sure. We are on our second 90° adapter, the previous one got hot one time, so we got another one. But that was on our previous trailer, so the issue may have been with the trailer connection. We've had no such issues with this one. I really do like the direct drop down though.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I settled on the Marinco.
    It arrived yesterday. I cannot get the twist to lock connection made.
    It has a double sealing ring on it. Is that suppossed to take the place of the twist to lock? Doesn't seem very secure like that.
    The packge it came in did not inspire confidence...Looked like it may have been a returned item.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast