User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: rear awning

rftomlin

rear awning

we are new owners of a 348 momentum and need a little help. I opened the rear awning and now it will not close. I read the instructions but they say reverse how you opened it. I tried. any suggestions? I probably am jusy missing seeing a latch, but now i'm frustrated.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you rolled it out too far it may have jammed. If the main bars are very straight then you may have to help them fold toward the center so they will collapse and allow you to roll it in. Hope that made sense.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i had the same problem on a 351M. I extended the rear awning and couldn't get it in. Toggling the awning switch did nothing but put a draw on the motor on the IN position. Nothing on OUT. I used the ceiling lights to verify current was getting to the motor as they would dim when IN was pressed. As stated by Jim, I figured the arms had locked. I made sure they collapsed freely and tried again. Same results. Using a tie down strap I collapsed the arms to the point that the awning material hung very slack and tried again. The interesting thing is that pressing the IN position did nothing. Toggling to OUT actually extended the awning. As soon as it moved a bit out I quickly released the switch. After that the awning retracted as it should. I hope this helps others in the future.
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 351M
    2018 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD LTZ DRW CC 8 ft bed, B&W Companion hitch
    2018 Harley Davidson Roadglide Ultra
    2019 KTM 790 Adventure