User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Simple solution for 2020 & newer Chevy/ GMC TPMS not reading trailer tire pressure

There was a previous post about this problem and the solution may have worked great but I'm not into soldering on printed circuit boards. There were lots of other people asking for clarifications and I could never really understand the final outcome.

After speaking with a GM service tech who was experiencing the same problem I came up with the following repair which is working wonderfully. I just pulled my 337 Reflection from Gainesville GA to Palmetto FL and back. I never received an error message. My repair may involve a little more labor initially but in the long run I think it will pay off.

While making this modification I also relocated the camera port to the bed of the truck from the bumper. It also works flawlessly. There are several you tube posts about this
    modification which are good, so I will not cover this. Rather than removing the spray on bed liner material I used stainless screws to hold the 7 pin camera connection in the bed.

The TPSECU which is located behind the tag can not read the tire sensors. I relocated the tire sensor (TPSECU) to the 5th wheel camper steps which is right on front of the tires. There are 4 wires which run to the TPSECU. I extended these wires to a plug I installed above the 7 pin connector located in the bed of the truck. I used a 4 wire standard trailer plug with 30' of wire to get from the steps to the front of the camper where the 7 pin harness comes out. Its a lot of work but its simple work. The hardest part is keeping the wires straight while splicing them in.

The pictures should be self explanatory I hope. This is my first time posting so please excuse my mistakes. Hope this helps!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2199.jpg   IMG_2198.jpg   IMG_2200.jpg   IMG_2201.jpg   IMG_2202.jpg  

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have additional pictures but could not post them. Sorry

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter9686 View Post
    I have additional pictures but could not post them. Sorry
    You can add them in a new post , the picture limit is per post not per thread
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope these will help.

1. Relocated TPSECU to the camper at the rear wheels
    2. Installed the plug for the TPSECU on a 4 wire trailer harness which was pulled to the front of the camper adjacent to the 7 pin connector
    3. extended the wires from behind the tag to a new 4 pin plug above the other plugs in the bed.
    4. Plug in the TPSECU when you connect the 7 pin connector & camera.

This works great
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2204.jpg   IMG_2205.jpg   IMG_2031.jpg   IMG_2203.jpg   IMG_2202.jpg  

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look good, I was thinking or trying to do that but I was getting nowhere so I gave up on it, now I'm using a 507 tpms system.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Look good, I was thinking or trying to do that but I was getting nowhere so I gave up on it, now I'm using a 507 tpms system.

I was surprised at how well it works.If you are using the rear camera app any info shows up on the information center. [/B][/I]

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter9686 View Post
    I was surprised at how well it works.If you are using the rear camera app any info shows up on the information center. [/B][/I]
    The tires on my NP is at a 125 PSI and the monitor inside my GMC only go to 100 PSI.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4T + sensors

The tires on my NP is at a 125 PSI and the monitor inside my GMC only go to 100 PSI.
    reading another blog (duramaxdiesel owners) they are discussing another sensor 4T+ which reads up to 150PSI. My trailer tires are rated for 100 PSI so this isn't a problem for me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen that the forum that you have mention I'm over there.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a path to upgrade

https://gm-techlink.com/?p=17555
    2021 Solitude 375 RES-R
    2024 GMC Denali ultimate DRW

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast