User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone care to suggest a good quality trailer backup cam with dash cam recorder?

Greetings all! New Imagine XLS 23LDE owner, towing with 2023 Ford pickup. trailer comes with a "camera ready" spot up top in the back, i suppose besides mounting it has a power wire there somewhere. Curious if anyone has a suggestion for a camera (wireless, i guess..) that would mount here, with a screen in the tow rig that also has a forward looking dash-cam record type feature. Lots or morons out there cutting people off and seems like a good idea to have that running on a record loop. Seems like Amazon has some options in the $150 range which seems suspiciously cheap to me. Mixed reviews, made in China. I guess everything is these days, but I would not mind spending a little more if there was a logical point where cost and quality are optimized. Figured i would mount the cam/video display on a chunk of plywood or something (appropriately spay painted of course!) that i could drop in the dash tray when in use. Appreciate any suggestions...

Russ

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last year we purchased a Haloview BT-11 rear view camera system and I'm very happy with it. The monitor straps over the rear view mirror and also has a front facing camera. So it records what is going on behind you and infront of you. The rear camera is wireless and works well. We tow an Imagine 2670MK, which is 32 ft long and the camera never loses connection. I like having the display mounted on the rear view mirror. It gets it off the dash board and it seems more like rear view mirror. Once its set up the system alerts you with a red indicator on each side of the display and with a sound (which I turned off) when a vehicle is passing me on the right or left. If I look up and see the red indicator on the side I know someone is over taking me on that side. Unfortunately, they seem to sell out fast and are currently out of stock. If intersted, just click on the alert me when its in stock button and they will send you an email when its available. Lastly, their tech support is great. Before I purchased I asked a ton of questions and they answered every one. It has made towing a lot less stressfull.

https://www.haloview.com/byte-tango-...-with-bsd.html

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBrewer View Post
    Last year we purchased a Haloview BT-11 rear view camera system and I'm very happy with it. The monitor straps over the rear view mirror and also has a front facing camera. So it records what is going on behind you and infront of you. The rear camera is wireless and works well. We tow an Imagine 2670MK, which is 32 ft long and the camera never loses connection. I like having the display mounted on the rear view mirror. It gets it off the dash board and it seems more like rear view mirror. Once its set up the system alerts you with a red indicator on each side of the display and with a sound (which I turned off) when a vehicle is passing me on the right or left. If I look up and see the red indicator on the side I know someone is over taking me on that side. Unfortunately, they seem to sell out fast and are currently out of stock. If intersted, just click on the alert me when its in stock button and they will send you an email when its available. Lastly, their tech support is great. Before I purchased I asked a ton of questions and they answered every one. It has made towing a lot less stressfull.

https://www.haloview.com/byte-tango-...-with-bsd.html
    That model is available at Amazon (click here). It looks like a pretty sweet setup, a lot of folks on the forum have had good luck with the Haloview products.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have a backup camera from Vision Works and it is OK. I did have a camera go bad and it was replaced quickly. Not sure if they have a combo unit but my guess is they do.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    x2 on the Vision Works although I have not had issues with it. I do have an antenna extension for a reliable connection. When I first installed it without the extension, it was a bit choppy. The monitor takes an SD card so you can record the rear camera on that. I have a separate Wolfbox camera for the truck so that I always have front and rear cameras on the truck, then the RV has it's own dedicated camera but all still get recorded. Lots of good options out there I think, so just depends on what you are looking for.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow thanks folks for the speedy and helpful replies. Vison Works - does that have the dash cam too? Interesting mirror unit...goes right over the mirror. I think I like that - one less distraction or obstruction. Plus my eyes are already trained to look up there for rear viewing so less for me to adapt to and unless I like trying to read the large word "Imagine" backwards the actual mirror has not much use anyway in my tow situation. Sounds like I should plan on an extended antenna - although, we have a 23LDE with a 28 overall length, so, I might try it first.

Thanks again!

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And a special thanks to my NH neighbor! How you enjoying that fifth wheel? Looks like a beaut. We're picking up our new Imagine Monday (weather permitting) and in April we're heading out to Keene for our maiden voyage.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyOTool View Post
    Wow thanks folks for the speedy and helpful replies. Vison Works - does that have the dash cam too? Interesting mirror unit...goes right over the mirror. I think I like that - one less distraction or obstruction. Plus my eyes are already trained to look up there for rear viewing so less for me to adapt to and unless I like trying to read the large word "Imagine" backwards the actual mirror has not much use anyway in my tow situation. Sounds like I should plan on an extended antenna - although, we have a 23LDE with a 28 overall length, so, I might try it first.

Thanks again!
    Vision Works doesn't have mirror mount monitors so you would need to go with another brand if that's what you really want.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This one works great on my trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ooops - I did not read your dash cam requirement.
    Raymond, Dee Dee and Sophie (Yorkie)
    2023 Chevrolet 2500HD LT 4X4
    2024 Grand Design Reflection 296RDST

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
    This one works great on my trailer.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I also am happy with this unit. While it does not come with a dash camera, it can support up to 4 cameras. If you read through the manual, they give you instructions on how to receive another camera for free. I choose the license plate mount camera so now I have a high/low camera setup on the trailer. You could easily use one of their cameras as a dash cam. I hang this unit from the rear view mirror using a couple bungie straps. Works great! (and very affordable)
    2022 Reflection 337RLS
    2017 Ram 3500 Cummins

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast