User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection 324mbs

I’m thinking of doing a relatively long drive to look at a 2023 Reflection 324mbs and getting some information over the phone that I would like to double check with someone might have one.
    I’m told that it has hydraulic slides. Is that all 3 slides?
    Is the plumbing all per?
    How many and what type of batteries?
    The galley countertops are solid surface and the bathroom are thermoformed sheet over mfd?
    The fridge is residential (the brochure says 12 volt)?
    Are the AC units Coleman?
    What brand furnace does it have?
    Tankless water heater?
    Anything in particular I should look for in this model?

Thanks for any help.

Doug

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While a couple of the questions might reliably be answered by an owner of a 324MBS, a better source would be the actual owner of the unit you're interested in, especially questions regarding installed equipment, like batteries, AC units, refrigerator, and tankless water heater. Some people change things around after they take ownership, and what they have now may not be what originally came in the trailer. Unless, of course, you're interested in what was standard equipment, so you'll know what, if anything, has been changed.

It might be a good idea to solicit how people who have the unit, like the particular equipment it came with, like the tankless water heater, and refrigerator.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    While a couple of the questions might reliably be answered by an owner of a 324MBS, a better source would be the actual owner of the unit you're interested in, especially questions regarding installed equipment, like batteries, AC units, refrigerator, and tankless water heater. Some people change things around after they take ownership, and what they have now may not be what originally came in the trailer. Unless, of course, you're interested in what was standard equipment, so you'll know what, if anything, has been changed.

It might be a good idea to solicit how people who have the unit, like the particular equipment it came with, like the tankless water heater, and refrigerator.

The unit is at a dealer and I get the feeling that the answers I’m getting over the phone are not accurate. For example I was told over the phone that it had a residential fridge. I asked if there was an inverter and the answer was yes. The brochure says that it’s 12volt. If it’s a 12 volt with a built in inverter that’s completely different. I know what I really need to do is buck up and make the drive. Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good choice. "Inspect what you expect".
    2021 Reflection 31MB
    2022 Cougar Half Ton 29RLI
    2023 RAM Laramie 2500 Crew Cab CTD 4X4
    Demco Slider Hitch, MorRyde Pin Box

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to New To RV'ing, Purchase Questions & General Concerns.

None of the Reflections have hydraulics. The slides and leveling systems are all electric (12VDC). The fridges in the newer models are 12VDC compressor refrigerators. Batteries are dealer supplied, so nobody but the dealer can answer that one. The brands of the AC units has varies depending on supply availability - you'd have to check with the dealer on that one, too.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
    The unit is at a dealer and I get the feeling that the answers I’m getting over the phone are not accurate. For example I was told over the phone that it had a residential fridge. I asked if there was an inverter and the answer was yes. The brochure says that it’s 12volt. If it’s a 12 volt with a built in inverter that’s completely different. I know what I really need to do is buck up and make the drive. Thanks for your help.
    You probably don't want to hear this, but if you're distrustful of the dealer, perhaps you may want to rethink buying from him. You need to be able to believe at least "some" of what he is telling you. And it sounds like a thorough PDI in definitely indicated, perhaps leaving nothing to chance.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS: here's a good video tour of that model:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCh81yxE9cs

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you get the VIN from the dealer, you can request a build sheet directly from Grand Design.
    That would answer most of your questions.
    MB, Ab and Ufki (under foot kitty)
    '18 RAM Laramie Cummins HO
    '19 303RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
    I’m thinking of doing a relatively long drive to look at a 2023 Reflection 324mbs and getting some information over the phone that I would like to double check with someone might have one.
    I’m told that it has hydraulic slides. Is that all 3 slides?
    Is the plumbing all per?
    How many and what type of batteries?
    The galley countertops are solid surface and the bathroom are thermoformed sheet over mfd?
    The fridge is residential (the brochure says 12 volt)?
    Are the AC units Coleman?
    What brand furnace does it have?
    Tankless water heater?
    Anything in particular I should look for in this model?

Thanks for any help.

Doug
    Ours is a 23 and has the older color scheme-Black nose and darker interior.
    2 main slides are electric and the bunk is a Schwintek
    Plumbing is pex, but they do use the crummier vinyl tubing in spots
    Battery we supplied
    Correct on countertops
    12v fridge with 375w on the roof. NO factory inverter on ours
    Coleman AC’s with softstarts and the rv airflow on main. Seen lots of furrions though
    Dometic furnace if i recall
    Yes on the tankless-Furrion

We love ours-added a goosebox to help with payload and bed space on the truck, removed the outdoor fridge and cooktop to utilize the space better, looking into a Victron setup for inverter and more boondock capability. Fits our family good at this point. Things i would change is adding more 12v outlets, removing the u-dinette and building a nicer seating area. The only thing we liked on the Jayco version better was the storage door to access the storage under the dinette. We have thought about adding one if we don’t remove the dinette.
    2023 Reflection 324MBS
    2020 Sierra 2500
    Colorado Springs, CO
    www.eatmorecorn.com

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bruck Fam View Post
    Ours is a 23 and has the older color scheme-Black nose and darker interior.
    2 main slides are electric and the bunk is a Schwintek
    Plumbing is pex, but they do use the crummier vinyl tubing in spots
    Battery we supplied
    Correct on countertops
    12v fridge with 375w on the roof. NO factory inverter on ours
    Coleman AC’s with softstarts and the rv airflow on main. Seen lots of furrions though
    Dometic furnace if i recall
    Yes on the tankless-Furrion

We love ours-added a goosebox to help with payload and bed space on the truck, removed the outdoor fridge and cooktop to utilize the space better, looking into a Victron setup for inverter and more boondock capability. Fits our family good at this point. Things i would change is adding more 12v outlets, removing the u-dinette and building a nicer seating area. The only thing we liked on the Jayco version better was the storage door to access the storage under the dinette. We have thought about adding one if we don’t remove the dinette.
    Mine is the same as above except my ACs do not have soft start and factory solar is 370W. Fridge is a 12V residential side by side (e.g., freezer left side door and fridge right side door)
    2023 Reflection 324 MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 | Laramie | 6.7L HO | SRW | 4x4 |