User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Imagine 14MS Couch

Considering the Imagine AIM 14MS. I will have to drive to a dealer two hours away to "test" the comfort of the couch. I'll bring a foot stool.

Anyone have this layout that can comment on the couch comfort or lack thereof? Not expecting it to be great, just doable.

Floorplan hits all the other needs/wants, so the couch is the critical feature.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/travel...agine-aim/14ms

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck with the decision. I like the way you are looking out the window when eating at the bar/dinette. I don't think I have seen that in a trailer before.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE
    2021 Ram 2500 Hemi, Crew Cab Short Bed
    2-206 AH SOK Batteries, Victron MultiPlus 3000VA Inverter, 800 watts solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When we first started looking for a trailer in 2021 we had planned to start smaller and tried a few different models with similar couch/bed setup. Comfortable is not an adjective I would use to describe those couches. But people do it so...but it just wasn't for us. The smallest unit which we felt was comfortable enough was the 22MLE. But after 1.5 years and several months on the road we ended up moving to the 23LDE. So far so good. But even the couches in these units aren't like the furniture we have at home. But much better than the pseudo couch/bed in the smaller rigs. You'll have to test for yourself. Good luck!
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot depends on your age, build/size, and tolerance for different seating situations. Even in the "higher-end" units like our Solitude, I don't consider the OEM seating comfortable... but we're full-timers, I'm old and have a bad back with other aches and pains. We've replaced all the OEM seating in our Solitude. You are the only one who can determine what's comfortable for you.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015