User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

25G fresh water capacity?

We are on our first adventure and are a little puzzled by the fresh water level monitor. We filled the tank completely. However 2.5 days in it shows 1/3 full. We our seasoned veterans dry camping, so we use very little water. The only conclusion I can come to is the placement of the sensors is not evenly divided between 90 gals, 90 full, 60 2/3 full and 30 1/3 full.

Any insight?

Thanks
    Go Poly
    Momentum 25G
    2021 Ford F250, 6.7.
    So Cal Desert

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The 25G has a nice large pair of tanks that add up to 100 Gal (378.5 L, at least on my model year). They are side by side right above the axles (which is great for travelling with water).

I never had any specific issues with the level sensors but I also didn't find them particularly accurate either. I added a Mopeka Water Sensor last year so I had a really accurate idea of the level.

Being an RV made in Elkhart, who knows what all they could have screwed up (if anything lol)... those two tanks are connected together and "should" level out between the two tanks. Perhaps something is wrong with that setup (pretty easy to tell, fill the tanks and pull the drains, if one doesn't drain any water there is something wrong).

More commonly what happens is they partially "self drain" while driving, even with the updated "dual vent" tubes that are supposed to prevent a siphon. I ended up adding a four shark bite shutoff valves to the tank vents that I close ONLY when travelling to prevent any water loss from travelling. Before this I lost quite a bit when travelling (but can't put a number to it right now). Can do it much cheaper but the shark bit valves were quick and easy to install. Just NEVER forgot to open then when filling the tank!!!! (I use a "remove before flight" note on my fresh fill level to remind me lol).

Cheers
    Tim
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget that just like reading Full, as soon as it drops below the 2/3 sensor it will read 1/3. So it could be one inch below 2/3 and it will show 1/3 until it drops below the 1/3 sensor. I installed the SeeLevel sensors on our tanks to solve that problem. The Mopeka sensors are a good option for fresh and grey tanks; they just don't work with the black tank due to solids. I really like the SeeLevel system but it is much more work to install. Mopeka would be the way to go if you want a good simple solution to monitor by % full rather than the stock sensors.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys for the detailed responses. We will see how the remainder of the trip goes and then decide where to go from there.

Thanks again for the prompt responses!
    Go Poly
    Momentum 25G
    2021 Ford F250, 6.7.
    So Cal Desert

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fully agree with Chad on the SeeLevel sensors! One of my future upgrades since you can get a version that talks to Victron and will display on the Victron Touch screen (the Mopeka does but as Chad indicated it was easier to install for now).
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo")
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload
    Blog Post: 1500 Pickup’s and Towing - The REAL numbers with example
    Blog Post: 2016-2018 Imagine 2800BH - 3500 lb Axles Tire Rubbing Issues

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Plumbing and Water Systems.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015