User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bedroom Sconce Light

One of our Sconce Lights in the bedroom of our 31MB Reflection stopped working.
    I want to take the cover off to see if it is a simple fix. Can someone provide some insight as to how these open up or even come off the wall? I haven't figured out the secret yet.

Grand Design Part Number 420521 - LIGHT INTERIOR WALL SCONCE W/SWITCH BRUSHED NICKEL

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not knowing if they changed lights from year to year and no picture posted, does it ;look like this one ?
    I don 't think the cover is removable. The whole thing would have to come off the walll
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SmartSelect_20240328_195709_Chrome.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	50240 Don't be insulted but have to ask... Have you tried a new bulb or made sure the bulb hasn't worked loose ?

on edit: Welcome to the forum!

Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the response. The light looks similar to that except instead of the silver band in the middle, our band is just a continuation of the white plastic.

I did eventually figure it out. You need to squeeze the white plastic from the sides at the narrow point and then it will release from the slots in the metal backing. That then exposes the mounting screws and built in LED unit. Looking at mine, I suspect it is a fried LED unit. I think that means replacement.

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tgorton View Post
    Thanks for the response. The light looks similar to that except instead of the silver band in the middle, our band is just a continuation of the white plastic.

I did eventually figure it out. You need to squeeze the white plastic from the sides at the narrow point and then it will release from the slots in the metal backing. That then exposes the mounting screws and built in LED unit. Looking at mine, I suspect it is a fried LED unit. I think that means replacement.
    What year is your trailer ?, ours is a14 and the bulbs are replaceable . The bulbs removed from the top end. They must have changed fixtures. Good you figured it out.
    Now you can replace with any fixtures you like... But that means replacing both
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our camper is a 2022. The LED strip is riveted to the fixture so just swapping the LED doesn't appear to be an option, It looks like a new fixture or two is in my future.