Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do any of the Imagine units come equipped with tech for streaming to a work laptop?

Apologies if not worded properly or has been answered. This is Day 1 on this forum!

My wife currently WFH and we were thinking we could take long weekend trips regularly and she could work part of Friday, Monday, etc from the RV. The dealer mentioned there was something mounted in the ceiling that would benefit what we're trying to do, but we don't recall seeing anything in the ceiling, and there is nothing on the website about anything "4k", "wifi extender", "booster", etc. Was he mistaken or are we confused about what he was trying to say?

For note, we purchased today but won't pickup for another week or two so I'm unable to walk outside and look wherever I'm directed to check. Currently relying on GD's main website for their 360 view model. Our unit is the Imagine XLS 25DBE.

Thanks for reading and any help offered! Best, Matt

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm. Nothing on our 2022 22MLE or 2023 23LDE. Perhaps someone here will know more specific to your model but I have not seen anything that suggests there would be a solution built in from the OEM. After trying the first couple years to depend on cell phone data (we found campground wifi to be 90% useless), last summer we decided on Starlink. It's expensive but reliable (although not in heavy tree cover), and it helps that it can easily be paused and restarted from the phone/laptop without having to call anyone. At least you only pay for the months you use it. I wish it were cheaper but it has been great for us.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, there isn't anything currently.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of us RVers who need internet connectivity while on the road get a hotspot with a liberal or unlimited data plan (Verizon has the best coverage nationwide and that's what we've used for going on nine years, now). Of course, cellular connectivity and bandwidth are only as good as the tower you're connected to.

BTW - welcome to the forum. You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for this. I am new as of one hour ago. I'll set it up!

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RickyGoober View Post
    Thanks for this. I am new as of one hour ago. I'll set it up!
    @RickyGoober -

Here are a couple more forum posting tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @RickyGoober -

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way.

Rob
    Awesome! Thanks again. In the next week or so we'll have a new F-150 and a new Imagine 17MKE.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    @RickyGoober -

Rob
    Rob,

Where do you get the US map that folks have in their sig? I assume it marks every state visited.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is best solution I have found. Works very well for working on the road as long as you have at least one bar of cell coverage. I work on the road, video conf, zoom calls etc.
    https://instyconnect.com/
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2600 RB
    TOW vehicle- 2023 Ram 2500 Laramie, 6.4 Hemi, 4.10 rear end, tow package with trailer blind spot and air suspension. Max payload- 2869

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The newer Winegard TV antennas can also be used for internet connectivity but I don’t know if 2023/2024 Imagines have the specific model. I looked into upgrading our unit but with hotspots becoming less expensive and Starlink getting close to critical mass I dropped the project.

If your new Imagine has the latest Winegard model you may be in luck.

Bob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast