User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide weight limit

Hi all, I am new to the site. I have a 2023 Reflection 298BH fifth wheel. I am wanting to take out the dinette and replace it with a reclining sofa. Do you think the slide would be able to handle the weight? Looks like the sofa weighs 227 pounds.
    Thanks in advance

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A reclining sofa was a factory option, so I would think it should be fine. I can't imagine that 227 pounds is much heavier than the factory option was.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel Pistor View Post
    Hi all, I am new to the site. I have a 2023 Reflection 298BH fifth wheel. I am wanting to take out the dinette and replace it with a reclining sofa. Do you think the slide would be able to handle the weight? Looks like the sofa weighs 227 pounds.
    Thanks in advance
    Welcome to the forum! You'll find a bunch of helpful folks here and a wealth of information. (You can play around with the search function at the top right to find answers before posting a question and check out the Reference Library, too.)

Here are a few forum tips:

1) If you use "Reply With Quote" (to the right of "Reply") as I have here, folks will know to whom you are responding and that person will get a notification.

2) You can also tag folks using the "@" symbol and their user name (as I have done yours) - they'll also get a notification that way. @Mel Pistor

3) You can create a signature block with your RV and tow vehicle information (see mine below). That way you won't have to repeat that information whenever you post or ask a question - and others won't have to ask. You can create a signature by going to:

Forum Actions (on menu bar) -> Edit Profile -> Edit Signature (under My Settings on the left)

Note: you'll need to have a paid subscription to add an image to your signature.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"