Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tips for PDI 29RS picking up this week.

We will be picking up our 29RS this week. We previously had a small Lance TT. I'm looking for advice on things we should be looking for on our PDI. Any tips would be appreciated.

Mgt
    Grand Junction, Co

C130TN
    I used a checklist that I got from another forum. It's pretty good and if you want to PM your email I can send it to you. I used one of the voltage detectors that you can buy pretty cheap and just put it up next to an outlet to test and make sure it works. Try and check out every single light, inside and outside, refrigerator, microwave, central vac if it has it, etc. all the faucets, no leaks. The list covers most stuff and worked well for me along with a few threads on here that covered some very good stuff.

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations! You'll like your new Reflection. Just a few items. Check that the air conditioner blows air out all the ceiling vents. Look for grease on the inside of the wheels (between the spokes). Any grease on the wheels means you probably have grease on your brakes. Get that fixed up before hitching up to the trailer at the dealer. Check the tire pressure (all 5 tires). Check all appliances on all power sources they use (ie, propane AND 120vac for the fridge). These are just a couple of things that come to mind. If you can video the entire orientation. There's a lot of stuff to remember. That way you won't be calling Grand Design Customer Service to find out how to turn on the ceiling vent fan in the living room. Good luck with new 5er.
    Jim & Georgianne
    N. California
    2016 Reflection 29RS
    2008 Ford F-250 Super Duty PSD
    B&W Companion hitch
    Rubber turtle with no name

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the info. We hope to have few problems and lots of enjoyment with this unit.

Margaret
    Western Colorado

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We took an ipad and videoed most of our PDI. This was not our first RV but the systems are so sophisticated we were afraid we would forget something. Can't tell you how many times in two years we have referred back to that video. So much to remember!!!
    Welcome to our happy group and many years of great camping experiences!!
    Allen and Sandi-Lexington, KY
    Home of fast horses and beautiful women!
    2015 Chevrolet Duramax 4 x 4 3500 HD LTZ
    2014 Solitude 369 RL-Oct. 2014
    2016 Momentum 376 TH-April 2016

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the tips on what to look for on PDI. We picked up our Reflection 29RS today and spent about 3 hours before we were ready to write the check. The tech who had done the prep was not there because he had a family member with a medical problem, so another service tech did the walk through. He initially did not seem happy doing a walk through on a unit he had not prepped and was anxious to get through it. My husband and I just looked at each other and I thought we might just walk away. However, after about 15 minutes he seemed to accept the situation he was placed in and did a good job of explaining things to us. We found a few problems that were fixed before we left. Problems found were: 1. A leak on the cold water side of the island sink. 2. A small leak around the rear window, (found this because they had just washed the unit before we, arrived and I noticed water spots on the end table and back of the sofa). The service tech sprayed the window with a pretty strong spray nozzle and found a small place that needed silicone. 3. They had not adjusted the heater and hot water heater for high altitude useage. We are in Colorado and often spend time above 9,000 feet so this was crucial.

So far, we are happy with the unit and dealership. We have a feeling that the tech that had an ill family member did not do a thorough prep and the second tech quickly realized he needed to spend a little time to make things right.

The checklist and advice from others on the forum really helped us immensely.

Margaret and Jon
    Western Colorado
    2016 Reflection 29RS