User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    C130TN

Rear Ramp Loading Lights (scare lights)

First camping trip in our 385 and I can't get either of the rear loading lights, believe it's the scare switch, to work. Anyone know if there's a fuse for these lights and if so where is it located? It's the only lights that don't work so thinking it might be the bulbs. I wanted to check the bulbs but not sure how to get the clear lens out, do you just pop them out? Any other suggestions? I checked the switch and the wires are connected on the switch end. Very minor issue, just trying to figure it out. We are thrilled so far with the 385 and happy we were able to get it out since the kids had Monday off from school.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure about the fuses for the scare lights but I can tell you how they come off so you can check the bulbs - there is a small slot where you can place a straight blade screwdriver in and gently pry the lid back. There are 2 tabs that hold it in place on each of the long sides. They come out pretty easily.

On my last TH they kept blowing due to moisture seeping in due to exposed placement. I finally siliconed around them heavily and they quit burning out.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 380 and ours have always worked. If you're able to get up to confirm no power at the bulb, I'd pop the switch out and make sure the wires are properly connected.There is not a dedicated fuse for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Alan and Kathleen
    2015 Momentum 380TH (RVD2)
    2014 Ford F350 Dually (Stormtrooper)
    2012 Honda Goldwing Navi/ABS (Land Speeder)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the stuff in the garage control panel is on the same feed so if all the other things work I would check the wire "nuts" (pull on the wires) and also see if you have power at both sides of the switch when it is on. That will at least narrow down where the problem is. I had some loose connections behind my panel. They hadn't failed yet but I guess eventually they would have.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

C130TN
    Found the issue, one bulb was bad and the other was just loose I guess. I took it out and put it back in and it works fine. I bought two LED replacements but haven't replaced them yet.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good deal, glad it was an "easy" fix.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What LED's are you going with, if I may ask?
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

C130TN
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    What LED's are you going with, if I may ask?
    I'll have to check but they were fairly cheap ones from Wal-Mart, some off brand. Most of their lights were Sylvania or Philips but the LED's I needed were not. My local Wal-Mart used to carry a decent line of auto LED lights but they didn't have much when I bought these. I have an Auto Zone, O'Reilly's and one other place right down the road from me that I'm going to check out also.