Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

337RLS Bedroom TV Maximum size???

I really have three questions:

1. How much TV weight can the bedroom location support?

2. The sticker indicating the location for the steel plate is off center from the bedroom drawer unit. Is the plate really off center? Or is the sticker just a "It is around here" type of thing???

3. While mounting the TV bracket, do you merely use sheet metal screws?

Okay, I have a 4th question!
    4. Does anyone have recommendations on which TV bracket to purchase?
    MichiganMarty
    2002 GMC 2500HD DuraMax
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    Upgraded 2014 337RLS to a 2019 311BHS, Then Upgraded 2019 311BHS to 2020 367BHS

Tileguy
    Not sure on the maximum weight but I used a magnet to determine the location and size of the
    plate. I used #10 sheet metal screws no longer than 1 1/4" long as recommended by others.
    Predrilled before I installed. Inexpensive bracket from Walmart, works great for our 28" tv.

panamoka
    Please let us know how you do with your install as I am looking to put a TV in our 337 also

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ditto - use magnet to locate bracket, sheet metal screws, and tv is centered above dresser ( ours is 2014 with tall dresser next to window). Tv bracket from monoprice.com, very inexpensive and year and a half later, no problems.
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott and Jan View Post
    Ditto - use magnet to locate bracket, sheet metal screws, and tv is centered above dresser ( ours is 2014 with tall dresser next to window). Tv bracket from monoprice.com, very inexpensive and year and a half later, no problems.
    Scott or Jan,
    What style of wall mount did you use? Is it a tilt, or full motion? Full motion would be nice, but I don't know about securing it during travel.
    Jeff & Lee

Bodie, and Orion, Yellow, and Chocolate Labs
    Nyx, Dachshund
    2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SRW 4WD
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rolling Along
    Now-Oct 2018: Prince William Forest Park, NPS, Triangle VA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allowing room for the electrical connections, there's about 25" of vertical space from the top of our dresser (mid 14 337RLS). Depending on the TV's enclosure, that's about a 35" diagonal screen.

I used a cheap WalMart mount. The bracket screwed to the TV slides down into the wall bracket, so you have to allow a couple of inches to get the TV above the bracket.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk
    2015 Reflection 337RLS, #931, Built 6/14, Purchased New 1/15
    2015 Silverado 3500HD LTZ SRW CC, 8' Bed, 4WD, Z71, Duramax/Allison
    11,600 GVW, 3,739 Payload, 16.1 mpg for first 21,000 miles
    Reese Elite 18K Hitch with underbed rails
    Amateur Radio KQ3T (ex-WN8PXF, WA8PXF, N3CKQ)
    Felines: Butter (Abyssinian), Cinnamon (Burmese, R.I.P.), and Harry (Orange Tiger Cat, Rescued from Sutton Lake CG, WV)
    2018: Visitor Center Volunteer at Prince William Forest Park, Triangle VA, June thru October
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeff & Lee, we used a swivel mount in bedroom, no need for a full motion there as it is right in front of bed, and no securing necessary. We did install a full motion mount in basement (from monoprice as well) works great. I do secure that one with a bungee cord stretched between two eye hooks screwed into floor of basement and underside of bedroom floor. I also made a wood panel covered in foam that attaches to tv with bungee straps to protect from anything that might move in basement (so far nothing has). Tv in bedroom is 27", basement is 32".
    Scott and Jan Platt Ocala, FL
    Cameron(Son) & Chica(chihuahua)
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD 4X4, Crew Cab, Dually, Diesel
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oops, I forgot I had this thread going. I started another thread, but I will repeat the post here:

I spent a lot of time reading on this forum and I felt confident when I began mounting our TV in the bedroom. I used an earth magnet and found a large albeit poorly magnetic space above the dresser.

I carefully laid out all the holes and after trying 5 screws, and stripped all the holes out with extremely low effort on a manual screw driver. The so called metal plate isn't heavy enough to support anything.
    The mounting area is useless. I believe the metal to not be more than 0.010" thick.

It would have been nice to not have to set up the TV everytime, but now it seems we have to do exactly that, AND see the ugly holes in the paneling of our bedroom.

Has anyone else had this experience?
    MichiganMarty
    2002 GMC 2500HD DuraMax
    2014 Reflection 337RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used this
    http://www.morryde.com/products/64-e...%2F1-tv-mounts

Rated for 50 lbs although the TV doesnt weigh anywhere near that. The hardware it came with has 8 1/4x1 lag bolts which is what I used to go into the metal plate. First used magnet to locate limits of plate then I pre drilled just big enough to get the head of the lag bolts started and it was a bit of work with a ratchet to get them all the way in. As soon as they were snugged up I went about 1/8 turn more. I can hang my 175 lbs of weight from it and its going nowhere. No stripping in the least. If you use the self tappers or pre drill the hole to big it will strip out.
    The TV I mounted is I believe a 29 or 30 inch and mounted as far toward the rear as possible and up as high as possible, actually inverted the mount so the pivot on the wall is toward the rear and the pin is on top. The idea was to go as big as I could and not block the window. When The TV is pulled out on the mount and poistioned where I want it I find is suspendedabout 3/4 f the way down the bed and close to the ceiling and angled down. I live for large screens and find its quite ample, couldn't really imagine going any bigger.

Ill snap a couple of pictures next time Im down at the camp resort.
    2015 Reflection 323 BHS #589
    Still working Electrical Engineer
    Rob, Maureen, Dakota, Jacob and Murphy the Lab
    JustinThyme (Just In Time) is a forum handle

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Justin,
    I understand exactly what it takes to make a lag screw work. Bear in mind I am not taking offense! :-) I just want to clarify the issue I am dealing with.

I carefully measured (with a micrometer) the tip of the self drilling screws provided and chose a drill bit that was approximately 0.015" smaller than the screws' drill point. I also used a ratchet to carefully "thread" the screws in, and each felt like it was screwing into some super light and soft 26 gauge aluminum sheet metal. There was hardly any resistance. I cannot possibly hang my weight off the mount and am not about to try for fear of ripping the wall apart. I am n-o-t a newbie to camping or campers and have been wrenching my entire life. This is NOT something I did wrong... the steel sheet metal is just too thin.

Now we have several holes in the bedroom wall that I have to look at every time we set up camp or tear it down. It sickens me... We have a beautiful camper with holes in the wall.
    MichiganMarty
    2002 GMC 2500HD DuraMax
    2014 Reflection 337RLS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast