User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black tank flush inlet port on Nautilus P4 - how to replace?

Darned if I can figure out how this is even kept in place. Went to flush the black tank before dropping it at the factory and water sprayed everywhere inside and outside. I can't see how this is even attached or if it is even two pieces, let alone get the old one out and find a replacement? It's almost like it broke in two given the gap in the outside washer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black tank inlet outside.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	50625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black tank inlet inside.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	50626
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you be lucky enough that the hose washer fell out, so it’s no longer sealing?
    Larry and JoAnna
    23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, 22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMagelitz View Post
    Could you be lucky enough that the hose washer fell out, so it’s no longer sealing?
    Nope. Unfortunately, per GD the whole panel has to be replaced. It's an older style where the clips in the back are part of the panel and not the inlet fitting. The replacement parts are new design and held in by a c-clip which won't fit in the older model I have. GD parts and B&B confirmed - need to replace the whole panel.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Nope. Unfortunately, per GD the whole panel has to be replaced. It's an older style where the clips in the back are part of the panel and not the inlet fitting. The replacement parts are new design and held in by a c-clip which won't fit in the older model I have. GD parts and B&B confirmed - need to replace the whole panel.
    Well that’s not good. I just did this below, based on what some others had posted in other threads. Maybe you could just do away with that existing connection.

Name:	162F11D0-8AEC-4E18-8CC0-24420D74195D.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	50647
    Larry and JoAnna
    23 Chevy 3500HD CCLB DRW High Country 6.6L Diesel, 22 Solitude 310GK-R, Hensley BD5
    MORRyde 8k IS, QD8000 Genny, Dual 5kVA Quattros
    Dual SOK 48V 100ah Server Rack Batts (10kWHr)

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD parts and B&B confirmed - need to replace the whole panel.
    Well I don't think I'd do that. I'm sure you can fit something there without buying a new panel. Unless they are offering a free replacement?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'I think i would try something like this instead of replacing the whole nautilus panel.
    https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-9421...UaAu4JEALw_wcB

Maybe the old fitting will pop out of the holding clips on the panel with a little persuasion ? Then if possible pop the retaining clips out of the nautilus panel and install the new fitting with small screws ?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails flush port.jpg  
    Last edited by Steven@147; 05-03-2024 at 07:05 AM.
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darned if I can figure out how this is even kept in place. Went to flush the black tank before dropping it at the factory and water sprayed everywhere inside and outside. I can't see how this is even attached or if it is even two pieces, let alone get the old one out and find a replacement? It's almost like it broke in two given the gap in the outside washer.

Name:	black tank inlet outside.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	83.3 KB 
ID:	50625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black tank inlet inside.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	50626
    I would remove & replace just that fitting...even if you have to cut it off with a Dremel tool. Use a brass water inlet fitting for longevity. Then install a female NPT to PEX fitting on the inside. Whatever style water inlet you replace it with make sure you remove the check valve feature... you don't want two check valves in the flush line. The other check valve is at the high point in the flush line, usually located behind your shower near the faucet and accessible through an access panel.

RV City Water Fill Inlet Flange Check Valve Water Hookup Connector 3/4 NH Female to 1/2 NPT Male Mount Lead-Free Brass Flush RV Water Backflow Preventer with Dust Plug for RV Camper Motorhome https://a.co/d/gAHdawa
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    'I think i would try something like this instead of replacing the whole nautilus panel.

Maybe the old fitting will pop out of the holding clips on the panel with a little persuasion ? Then if possible pop the retaining clips out of the nautilus panel and install the new fitting with small screws ?
    I had to replace my fresh water supply spigot while on a trip and that is exactly what I did. Pop off the "C" clip, remove the old spigot, drill small pilot holes for the new screw mount spigot and install. Word of caution, look behind the Nautilus panel before you drill pilot holes to make sure you don't drill into a water line. I had drilled the first of three holes before checking and almost drilled a waster line.
    John & Cindy
    2019 Reflection 303 RLS
    2018 Ford F250 6.7 PSD

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott'n'Wendy View Post
    Well I don't think I'd do that. I'm sure you can fit something there without buying a new panel. Unless they are offering a free replacement?
    That's what I understood when I picked the RV up - they all saw the broken fitting and said that should have been caught during their pressure test so they didn't pressure test the black flush.
    Robin & John

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post

That's my backup plan and as @IBEW Sparky noted, it would probably be a longer lasting and replaceable item. But, I'm still going to lobby for the replacement P4 since I've had to replace the blue valve last year - at least I'll have spare parts then. $275 for the replacement panel complete.
    Robin & John

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast