Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 348M AC

I picked up a new Momentum 348M yesterday. While I was running the AC units to see how they worked I noticed the air was not coming out of the ceiling vents as it should. Having read about a few of the holes from the AC to the duct work being sealed, I removed the AC grills and found;

1. The Garage AC was hooked up to the duct correctly.
    2. The Main AC was blocked to both ducts, running fore and aft.
    3. The Bedroom AC was blocked, and the duct was not open on that side.

I cut the foil tape and folded it back to allow the air flow into the duct work on the main AC. So the Main AC, and the Garage AC are working properly now.

Is the Bedroom duct normally hooked up to the duct work?

Jeff
    Jeff & Lee

Bodie, and Orion, Yellow, and Chocolate Labs
    Nyx, Dachshund
    2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SRW 4WD
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My understanding was the ducts run on both sides of the AC units all the way from front to back. Mine does. Not sure about the newer models but I would think they should all be hooked in to the ducts.

It is very nice to be able to run the AC units in the areas you are not in and allow the ducting to distribute cool air so you don't have the noise in the same space you are trying to sleep or watch TV etc. so hopefully you can get it fixed up to work properly.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Bedroom AC is only for the bedroom no ducting! Thats on my unit Jd same as yours 348m
    2016 momentum 348 m class
    2015 ram 3500 megacab DRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On ours, the garage A/C can be felt in the bedroom, although it's pretty weak airflow after passing all of the other vents.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentalive View Post
    My Bedroom AC is only for the bedroom no ducting! Thats on my unit Jd same as yours 348m
    I know that Grand Design installs two different styles of AC units. One independent style with control knobs on the unit, and vents to the sides. I believe this style just cools the bedroom.

And the other style that is controlled with the thermostat, and it has no control knobs, nor vents in the cover plate. In fact the cover plate is the same as the main AC units cover plate. It should be tied into the duct work as there are no vents in the cover. Except the sliding dump gate for cooling the area below the AC fast.

The units that are tied to the thermostat they call The Energy Management System, with a 3 zone thermostat. The style that I have is controlled thru the 3 zone thermostat, and should be tied into the duct work.
    Jeff & Lee

Nyx, Dachshund
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jdmuth View Post
    I know that Grand Design installs two different styles of AC units. One independent style with control knobs on the unit, and vents to the sides. I believe this style just cools the bedroom.

And the other style that is controlled with the thermostat, and it has no control knobs, nor vents in the cover plate. In fact the cover plate is the same as the main AC units cover plate. It should be tied into the duct work as there are no vents in the cover. Except the sliding dump gate for cooling the area below the AC fast.

The units that are tied to the thermostat they call The Energy Management System, with a 3 zone thermostat. The style that I have is controlled thru the 3 zone thermostat, and should be tied into the duct work.
    Yes your right! I just have the one with the knobs on the AC to control it!
    2016 momentum 348 m class
    2015 ram 3500 megacab DRW

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by Brentalive View Post
    Yes your right! I just have the one with the knobs on the AC to control it!
    Could be wrong but my guess is that the ones with the controls on the unit itself are non ducted and were likely installed by the dealer. I had two a/c's installed at factory (one in bedroom) on my 313 TT and both had wall thermostats and both were connected to ducts (they call it racetrack ducting). When looking before I bought my trailer dealers were telling me the unit in the bedroom they would put in had controls on unit and just blew into bedroom. I believe ducted units are more expensive than non ducted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the Energy Management System, with a 3 zone thermostat, shouldn't the Bedroom AC normally be hooked up to the duct work?
    Jeff & Lee

Nyx, Dachshund
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would believe so, but Janice could give you a conclusive answer.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked to Jerry at Grand Design Customer Service this morning. He stated that the AC units that are tied into the thermostat with the Energy Management System, should be tied into the duct work on the trailer. Somehow my unit didn't get hooked in during the install.
    Jeff & Lee

Nyx, Dachshund
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast