User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Balance Beads in New Imagine Tires

We just purchased a new Imagine XLS 22MLE, and discovered that the Goodyear Endurance tires have balance beads in them. I have not read anything in the brochure about that. Is that a new thing, or have they been installed in camper tires for a while, and I just haven't kept up with trends ?? Our salesman didn't even know about it.
    Chap, Joy, and furbaby Argus
    2017 F350 diesel, 4x4, crew cab, short bed
    2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    EAZ-Lift TR3 with 800 lb bars

King Pin
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The popularity of the balance beads comes and goes. Some people pooh-pooh them and some people swear by them. I never thought much of them, but now I can't say too much because I'm running a set of CentraMatics on my trailer.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
    We just purchased a new Imagine XLS 22MLE, and discovered that the Goodyear Endurance tires have balance beads in them. I have not read anything in the brochure about that. Is that a new thing, or have they been installed in camper tires for a while, and I just haven't kept up with trends ?? Our salesman didn't even know about it.
    Are you sure they are from factory?

I have not heard about that at all...
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

King Pin
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did you know they had the balance beads?
    Howard and Peggy

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither of our Imagine trailers had balance beads (2022 and 2023), can't speak to 2024 of course.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Are you sure they are from factory?

I have not heard about that at all...
    Not sure it was from the factory, and definitely not sure if you hadn't heard of that. Our unit was built 3/6/24. We bought from a chain dealership (sorry Steve, but 100 miles away is better than 200+) near Richmond......but not Camping World. The Certificate of Origin showed the chain name, but I think the address was Florida. This is Michigan based company, so don't know if they do that for tax purposes or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    How did you know they had the balance beads?
    1 of the 1st things I do to a new camper is to balance the tires and get better valve stems installed to support the TPMS sensors. When the tire guy went to computer balance the tire, it was giving him all sorts of weird readings. Then he heard the beads rolling around. I heard them when I rolled my 1st tire to the truck, but didn't know what it was. All 4 tires had the beads, but I haven't checked the spare yet.
    Chap, Joy, and furbaby Argus
    2017 F350 diesel, 4x4, crew cab, short bed
    2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    EAZ-Lift TR3 with 800 lb bars

King Pin
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I have heard you can't balance the tires if they have beads. Not exactly sure why, but there's a "scientific" explanation.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Yeah, I have heard you can't balance the tires if they have beads. Not exactly sure why, but there's a "scientific" explanation.
    The balance beads were a big thing for motorcycle tires years ago.....I've never been a fan. I mount and balance my own MC tires using a static balancer and I can normally get them to almost perfect balance....think 1 or possibly two 1/4 oz weights. I've done several over the years that ended up with zero weights, but that just takes a bit more time.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

King Pin
    Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I change and balance my own motorcycle tires too. I was exasperated when I had an issue getting lead weights. I didn't like the zinc ones, and finally found a supply of lead weights. You can't cut those zinc weights in two for 1/8 ounce pieces. I have enough to last several lifetime, of several people!!
    Last edited by Hoopy Frood; 05-22-2024 at 03:36 PM.
    Howard and Peggy

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xrated View Post
    The balance beads were a big thing for motorcycle tires years ago.....I've never been a fan. I mount and balance my own MC tires using a static balancer and I can normally get them to almost perfect balance....think 1 or possibly two 1/4 oz weights. I've done several over the years that ended up with zero weights, but that just takes a bit more time.
    Tried the beads on my bike, never again. Had a slow leak after about 4K miles, and found the beads had worked there way in-between the tire and rim, but not all the way to the rim bead area. Took some time cleaning the bead debris.

For truck tires, I have had several different shops say they will not use the balance beads.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast