User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am glad you were able to experience what I am not happy about.Just thought this is a great time to update everyone on my progress or lack there of.No contact from my dealer,grand design or Dometic not surprised though.I will be contacting my dealer this week to get a appointment for late March or early April.Who wants to bet me that I'm going to get ...its normal!? Anyone? To say I'm frustrated after spending 100k in2015 on 2 grand design trailers and having to live with this is not a pleasant thought for me right now.we are headed to the Pittsburgh RV show this weekend I hope either a Dometic rep or grand design rep is there to come up with a possible solution for there customer face to face. More so what has me upset is that no one is even trying to make this right or do the right thing....says a lot about a lot of things here doesn't it?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not trying to deflate your bubble, but I would highly agree that what you are experiencing is normal.

They are all loud. It is the design with the way the compressor is oriented, especially on low profile units.

I hear many brands all day long, and they are all the same. Even the "quiet cool" and "whisper quiet" varieties are still loud compared to a home type unit.

Atwood was about the quietest I have ever heard, next to the old style Coleman underfloor mounted units that used to be on older Winnebagos.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have two Atwood AC's. Love them both as they both work incredibly well in Texas heat and humidity- I would not trade for them. Atwood doesn't make a low profile unit and now I understand why. But it seems one has to trade the worry of the extended height (Atwood- adding to the height of the rig) for the noise of the low profile of the Dometic. I'm not quite sure why the industry hasn't got this one figured out yet.
    Dean and Cindy
    2014 337 RLS
    Firestone Ride - Rite Airbags
    Ford F-250 6.7 Diesel

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can run them on low fan speed to reduce the noise level if you don't need maximum cooling. I usually leave the fan running continuously on low speed to balance the temperature in the camper and then the compressor cycles on/off as required.

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "old" 2015 Columbus had the Dometic a/c's but also had the Quiet Zone Ducted air system which had return air ducts. My new 29rs has Dometic units which I have only ran for a few minutes. The Reflection is louder than the Columbus but it's hard to say how much as both are louder than a home central unit. In any RV that I have had both the furnace and a/c wake me up throughout the night anyway.
    Living in Texas I will take a loud a/c over sleeping in a hot bed any day. I can always run the bedroom a/c while I watch TV, then when I go to bed run the living room a/c unless its over 100 degrees and I need both units.
    For some reason manufacturer's have went away from low profile units and I am not sure why. I wouldn't have a Coleman unit but a low profile Dometic unit up front would have been quite a few inches shorter for less wind resistance and clearance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am fixing my problem today by myself since my manufacture abandoned me in my time of need. I have decided to order a Atwood 15000 with heat pump...I know what's going to happen when I take it back to my dealer to look at it in April,so I figured I would save myself some more pain and suffering. It`s going to take a big bite out of my wallet.. hurts but it`s way better than listening to a lot of music from the dealer telling me it normal for that Dometic unit and I just can`t stand the noise from this Dometic unit any more, and I do not want to ruin my camping season this year like it did last year. Grand Design already abandon me when I call for help told warranty dept I had a sheet from the camper that stated I had an Atwood along with the model and serial numbers on it but that was not what I got...what I got was the Dometic Brisk II. Grand design repeated the old it is the manufactures right to make changes in production...great but why did I get the sheet with Atwood and serial numbers and model numbers on it ??? their claim was it was a mistake....great customer service. If I sound disgruntled I am...Sorry.And Dometic blew me off with no help other than take it to the dealer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	3741 Guess what came today?? I reported earlier in the post above about replacing the Dometic Brisk II unit with what should be on the roof according to my paper work and got totally blown off by Grand Design service dept. Very disappointed in my manufacture shame on them !

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game warden View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0427.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	3741 Guess what came today?? I reported earlier in the post above about replacing the Dometic Brisk II unit with what should be on the roof according to my paper work and got totally blown off by Grand Design service dept. Very disappointed in my manufacture shame on them !
    Where did you order that from game warden? I would love to replace my Dometic in the bedroom with another Atwood but I didn't think they could be found.

EDIT: I just found them online for $475!!! Man I may order this. Deb will absolutely kill me though
    Paul "Poppy" and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD ; 2015 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison CC 4x4; Tire Minder TPMS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul,

Check out Dyers rv parts ...they were Great to deal with I would recommend them to anyone ! and great prices too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy's 5th Wheel View Post
    Where did you order that from game warden? I would love to replace my Dometic in the bedroom with another Atwood but I didn't think they could be found.

EDIT: I just found them online for $475!!! Man I may order this. Deb will absolutely kill me though
    Paul, now you have me interested in this too.
    I found that $475 price, but the "fine print" says that this is the exterior unit only.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast