Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dometic a/c loud

Has anyone noticed how loud the a/c is inside your 313? We had a 308 with and the Atwood a/c was so pleasant but this Dometic is so horrible and is giving us a very poor opinion of grand designs choice of unit to use in such a premium travel trailer

Mentioned
    229 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dometic A/C is an industry standard unit.

The Atwood is not available anymore, since Dometic bought out Atwood, and is no longer importing the Atwood a/c units.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atwood still has a website and a dealer list. http://www.atwoodmobile.com/air-cond...nditioners.asp
    Although the company has been purchased and Grand Design is not using Atwood as OEM, you might still be able to purchase an Atwood unit.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by game warden View Post
    Has anyone noticed how loud the a/c is inside your 313? We had a 308 with an Atwood a/c was so pleasant but this Dometic is so horrible and is giving us a very poor opinion of grand designs choice of unit to use in such a premium travel trailer
    On my 313 I put second unit in bedroom and run the a/c wherever I am not. The constant running fan on the Atwood units was apparently the number one complaint, and I know that would drive the wife crazy. I also understood that there were some problems with the Atwood and looking long term made sure I got the Dometic.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a 317 and have the domestic in the bedroom. I'm dreading when we have to use both a/c at same time. It is very loud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

james quinn
    Quote Originally Posted by tazlove40 View Post
    ?.. and have the domestic in the bedroom ...
    Too funny !!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by game warden View Post
    Has anyone noticed how loud the a/c is inside your 313? We had a 308 with an Atwood a/c was so pleasant but this Dometic is so horrible and is giving us a very poor opinion of grand designs choice of unit to use in such a premium travel trailer
    It is loud!! We had a Dometic Duo Therm in our last camper and it was loud. So bad that hubby hooked the TV up to the radio speakers so we could here the TV! It's why I don't like to camp in the summer because the AC is so loud.

I have hear the Atwood running in a 308 we had on the lot and it is quieter. But it must be a mid year change as our 308 has the Dometic. But at least this time the TV and radio speakers are all ready connected! lol My techs at work say the dometic is a better choice over the atwood too. We don't have the 2nd AC installed yet, we are going to wait and see how one does us for now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well just thought I would update those that are watching this thread about the A/C unit in our 313. Well contacted Grand Design and was referred to Dometic...I got an e-mail reply back from them today and here is what they told me (I'm sorry you are not happy with the AC unit in the coach. Please contact your local service provider.) So prior to this e-mail I call my selling dealer to get several items that need attention repaired and the dealer tells me it will be sometime in mid December until they can look at it. I contacted them in October...awesome after buying 2 Grand Design travel trailers from this dealer in less than 5 months. (2015 308 and a 2016 313) So I put away in inside winter storage for the winter and hope I can get better service from my dealer in April ! I am REALLY DISAPOINTED with the whole thing about now and really don't have much faith in either Dometic or my dealer getting this repaired and who would like to bet me that I`m going to get this model the manufacture used is loud and is working as designed and it`s just a normal function of that unit.....anyone ? I hope I'm wrong and someone does the right thing here to satisfy their customer at this point I don`t care which one steps up here.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi game warden,

See parallel/related discussion on this thread . . .
    http://www.mygrandrv.com/for...y-A-C-concerns
    I think that you (better than anyone else on this forum) have the first hand experience to explain that a Dometic AC will never be as quiet as an Atwood AC.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all!
    Just left the RV Show here in Tampa. We came originally to see/hear the dometic ac in action. We currently have an Atwood and love how quiet it is so it just seemed like a no brained to get the second one Atwood. As described the GD are now coming with domestic ac units. We went in a camper that had a dometic ac in the bedroom at the show and turned it on. Boy was it loud!!! Left without purchasing any ac units as we are not sure on trying to get another Atwood or getting a Domestic.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast