User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New GD 3740bh full time resident - please give advice !!!

Hello fellow GD owners!

My name is Amber and I live in New River, Arizona. Due to a divorce and the insane housing market in N Phoenix, I have recently purchased a 2023 GD 3740bh for me, my son, and two dogs to live in. We will be parked on a family members property and tapped into their water, septic, and electric. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send me any advice or suggestions for those of you with this model, those who have experience in a hot desert environment, or those that live in their unit full time. This will be a learning experience for all involved as we have never owned a unit this big, fancy, or involved. Since we will be living in it full time, we want to make it homey without changing too much, with the hopes of eventually moving into a permanent home in the next 5-10 years, and either selling the unit or using it for travel. Thank you in advance for any help, I look forward to learning from everyone.

Thanks!
    Amber

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get it under a cover. If it's 30 amp RV, make sure it's plugged into 120V and not a 240V dryer plug.
    Location - Wherever the road takes us...Full-timers
    2015 Momentum 380
    2019 Ram Dually

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for a cover. That Arizona sun will rapidly age the unit. And BTW: welcome to the forum.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have TWO roof top A/C then you're gonna need a 50amp electric hookup. May need to have electrician install proper connection at your 'family members' home.
    2018 Chevy Silverado 1500. Tow package (axel 2.42) 5.3L
    2023 Grand Design "Imagine" Model 2670 MK