Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2016 369 backup camera wiring question

I have turned all breakers on the power panel off as well as battery disconnect in the storage compartment. The camera still has power. I found two fuses in the front compartment by hydronic system. Removed both, camera still has power.

5th wheel is not connected to truck with power cord. Is there another fuse location on my model. Would like to power camera off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There must be a wire tied directly to the battery. Or a power source that has power all the time from the battery.
    Jeff & Lee

Bodie, and Orion, Yellow, and Chocolate Labs
    Nyx, Dachshund
    2017 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Duramax SRW 4WD
    2016 Momentum 348M #1966

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When that power source is found please post as I have same 5th wheel and camera, and want to power off that camera.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Vernon & Karen Anderson
    2019 Grand Design Momentum 397TH
    VIN 573FM4537K1113023
    2022 Chevrolet High Country 3500HD 4X4 DRW
    B&W Companion Hitch

Adaze1

Fuse for camera location

Quote Originally Posted by Jkr285 View Post
    I have turned all breakers on the power panel off as well as battery disconnect in the storage compartment. The camera still has power. I found two fuses in the front compartment by hydronic system. Removed both, camera still has power.

5th wheel is not connected to truck with power cord. Is there another fuse location on my model. Would like to power camera off.
    I have found the location of the camera fuse on my 375RE yours should be in the same location.
    Behind the battery on the wall behind it. There is a cover, it covers all the circuit breakers! You can follow the positive lead from the battery right to this cover. remove the cover (two screws) You will find a red fuse holder, that is for the camera.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	92.2 KB 
ID:	3272

Adaze1
    Ok just finished my switch install. My camera turns on and off now. No more pulling the fuse.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	96.7 KB 
ID:	3273

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No response from GD so appreciate the pictures. 369RL has the identical setup. Pulled the fuse and camera went off. Bought a switch today and will install as you did. Your reply much appreciated.

Keith

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is some more great information and I truly appreciate it. I am adding it to my "to do" list which is growing every day. This past week I put a down payment on a 348M and I'll be sure to do the same. Beyond that, I will be pulling it with an F350 that has the SYNC screen in the dash. So here's my question, where did you feed the camera output? Are you able to tie the camera feed into the SYNC screen, or do you use a rearview camera adapted rearview mirror or do you tie it into a standalone GPS?

Thanks in advance to any and all ideas.
    R, Clint

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USN2AZ View Post
    That is some more great information and I truly appreciate it. I am adding it to my "to do" list which is growing every day. This past week I put a down payment on a 348M and I'll be sure to do the same. Beyond that, I will be pulling it with an F350 that has the SYNC screen in the dash. So here's my question, where did you feed the camera output? Are you able to tie the camera feed into the SYNC screen, or do you use a rearview camera adapted rearview mirror or do you tie it into a standalone GPS?

Thanks in advance to any and all ideas.
    R, Clint
    The camera kit comes with a stand alone monitor screen that you put in the truck.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks huntr70, the learning never stops. I take delivery next Friday so it looks like I have another mini-project to go after. Fitting another gizmo on the dash or going the LockPick route. Thanks again for the insight on the kit.

R, Clint

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dealer installed the furion backup camera and charged me $125 to do it. This one does not have enough range. Furion tech support was very responsive and sent me the observation camera which is an upgrade at no charge. Just finishing up a 2,000 mile trip and it has worked perfectly. Don't pay to have it installed if your unit is prewired. Literally takes a Phillips screw driver and about 2 minutes to connect. I just place the monitor in a spare cup holder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast