User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintek slide replacement number change.

Without getting into the Schwintek vs. Vroom slide debate, I have a question. Our slide failed on our 2022 Reflection 260 RD. Not new news, but we had a Schwintek slide mechanism replacement shipped to us. It will be installed at the dealership later this week. The tag on our original Schwintek slide mechanism had the part number as 640652. Our new slide mechanism has the part number as 640829. Is this the same slide, or is it an improved version? Or is it just more of the same?Just curious. Thanks for any and all help.
    Last edited by SteverinoDC1; 05-28-2024 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteverinoDC1 View Post
    Without getting into the Schwintek vs. Vroom slide debate, I have a question. Our slide failed on our 2022 Reflection 260 RD. Not new news, but we had a Schwintek slide mechanism replacement shipped to us. It will be installed at the dealership later this week. The tag on our original Schwintek slide mechanism had the part number as 640652. Our new slide mechanism has the part number as 640829. Is this the same slide, or is it an improved version? Or is it just more of the same?Just curious. Thanks for any and all help.
    It might be. Depends on when your slide was built. If it was built between Oct 2021 and Jan 2022, there is an LCI TSB which calls for a complete replacement of the Schwintek due to manufacturing problems. They are replacing the inverted racks with standard racks - along with all the other components. More detail in this thread if it applies to your RV.

https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/show...-Schwintek-TSB
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the response. We were able to peel the label on our slide and found our DOM was 04/11/2022. We fell outside of the TSB by 3 months. I had a Lippert tech give me the bad news of just missing the TSB date. They opened a claim and that prompted GD's customer service rep to send me the new Schwintek slide mechanism. The two separate parts numbers made me curious. Is it an improved system with a new number, or the same part built in a different batch / year. Hopefully someone knows the answer on this forum. Thanks!!
    2022 F-350 Diesel SRW
    2022 Reflection 260RD

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteverinoDC1 View Post
    Thank you for the response. We were able to peel the label on our slide and found our DOM was 04/11/2022. We fell outside of the TSB by 3 months. I had a Lippert tech give me the bad news of just missing the TSB date. They opened a claim and that prompted GD's customer service rep to send me the new Schwintek slide mechanism. The two separate parts numbers made me curious. Is it an improved system with a new number, or the same part built in a different batch / year. Hopefully someone knows the answer on this forum. Thanks!!
    I honestly don't know. I was curious that they replaced the inverted racks with standard racks. I don't know what is coming off the line now but the inverted racks seemed like a design waiting to fail.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    I honestly don't know. I was curious that they replaced the inverted racks with standard racks. I don't know what is coming off the line now but the inverted racks seemed like a design waiting to fail.
    Me too! I had thought I saw something on the FB 260 RD page about the newer slide mechanisms being bolstered somehow. I will let folks know. My new Schwintek slide is to be installed this week. We go out camping for our second trip of the year June 10th. Thanks again for your help!
    2022 F-350 Diesel SRW
    2022 Reflection 260RD

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can say is Good Luck with the new parts, really.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, replaced schwintek parts with Vroom, added 2" lift blocks and taller tires to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GodZilla 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandesigner View Post
    All I can say is Good Luck with the new parts, really.
    I have gotten pretty good support from my dealership and their service manager. He has done a number of OEM replacements and has had pretty good success. Between the service manager, various social media outlets (FB, GD Forums, etc.) a percentage of the slide failures are from bad installs at the GD factory. Admittedly, this is my first go around in the slide failure realm. I appreciate the sending of good luck wishes. I do know my slide was not right from the very first time we took the trailer out. We had food on the floor from the fridge tipping and rocking during travel. GD sent me the Lippert Schwintek slide system at no charge, so I will ride this one out. BTW, are there any Vroom installers in the east? Asking for a friend?
    2022 F-350 Diesel SRW
    2022 Reflection 260RD

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you friend PM me and I can share some info...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, replaced schwintek parts with Vroom, added 2" lift blocks and taller tires to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GodZilla 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I contacted Lippert Support and got the skinny on the numbers. The 640652 is for the "Inverted" version of the In Wall Slide system. The 640829 is for the "Standard" In Wall Slide system. I now have the Standard system installed. I will be bringing the 260 RD home in a short couple of hours and will report back how the new system works. Here's to Grandesigner and his good luck he sent!
    2022 F-350 Diesel SRW
    2022 Reflection 260RD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would also be interested in information you may share regarding the slide replacement. Our 2022 Reflection motors and racks have been replaced twice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast