User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Portable dog fencing

At the rally's and at several campgrounds I have seen folks set up portable dog fencing to keep thier small dogs safe. I tried searching here but got nothing. Also in looking on the web there are numerous brands with various ratings.

For those that have them what actually works and what would you recommend on size and height.

I am getting a new puppy in a few months and looking to keep it safe in the campgrounds.

Thanks for the help
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the wire folding fences you see on Amazon and chewey for our Aussie. It contained all 3 dogs when we had 3.

What height depends on the dog , our fence is 42 inches and our 43 lb Aussie (big mini) can scale it if she really wants to. She has gone over twice so height is dependent on the dogs ability

Moving this to the pet section

What kind of pup are you getting?
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    '22 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LTD Custom
    '23 Imagine XLS 21BHE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We bought a few of these years ago when we were landscaping to keep the dogs out. These allow us to add or subtract what what we need based on the site. And they are durable.
    https://www.amazon.ca/Zippity-Outdoo...13&sr=8-8&th=1

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I have the wire folding fences you see on Amazon and chewey for our Aussie. It contained all 3 dogs when we had 3.

What height depends on the dog , our fence is 42 inches and our 43 lb Aussie (big mini) can scale it if she really wants to. She has gone over twice so height is dependent on the dogs ability

Thanks - my poor eyes did no see the pet section - Sorry
    Have the held up for you? Assembly?
    Thanks
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th wheel with 6K axle upgrade. B&W 25K OEM Companion, Steadyfast system, 2022 F350 SRW 6.7 King Ranch 8' bed, Trailer reverse lights, rear spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, and Solar

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    How have the held up?
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Thanks - my poor eyes did no see the pet section - Sorry
    Have the held up for you? Assembly?
    Thanks
    No sweat on not seeing this section

They have held up for 8 years. The wire style like posted above (and we have) come assembled in 8 sections. We connect the assembled sections (we make a big yard in FL) overlapping using zip ties and
    posts from Tractor Supply We overlap the connected sections and post at that point and a few in between. For travel we only use 2 or 3 pens if we plan on staying for a week or more. If only for a couple days we don't bother and either leash or cable tie out now that there is only one dog.

Some have very thin doors and some come without doors. We have found that we like the no door better and create our own door by overlapping and using beach clips to hold it closed.
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Golden Retriever - field bread for sleekness and agility (think hunting dog). Red in Color. He will not be the typical blond, or English cream most folks are breeding now.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by powerscol View Post
    Golden Retriever - field bread for sleekness and agility (think hunting dog). Red in Color. He will not be the typical blond, or English cream most folks are breeding now.
    Nice , you're going to have fun with him or her ! so a deeper red, more like a setter red?
    Height will all depend on if you plan on using the fence permanently. I'd go with no less than 30 or 36 inches in height and hope it never learns to jump LOL.
    We started with a 36" and ended up getting 42 after the first year. Of course the only one who couldn't go over was the little Shih Tzu. but 3 of the 4 Aussies have gone over at least once with the 36". There seems to always be one passing dog that can't be resisted . We also never leave the dogs in the pen unattended just in case they (now she, it's hard to say dog instead of dogs after 18 yrs of more than 1) get over zealous and go over
    Marcy & Gary
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice , you're going to have fun with him or her ! so a deeper red, more like a setter red?
    Height will all depend on if you plan on using the fence permanently. I'd go with no less than 30 or 36 inches in height and hope it never learns to jump LOL.
    We started with a 36" and ended up getting 42 after the first year. Of course the only one who couldn't go over was the little Shih Tzu. but 3 of the 4 Aussies have gone over at least once with the 36". There seems to always be one passing dog that can't be resisted . We also never leave the dogs in the pen unattended just in case they (now she, it's hard to say dog instead of dogs after 18 yrs of more than 1) get over zealous and go over
    Close to setter red I hope, but probably a bit lighter. Thanks for the height suggestion. This set up was also recommended https://fxw.life/products/homeplus-d...42781716840629 I can be used outdoors to and is stakeless so can be used on any surface,

Thoughts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast