Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Schwintec slides

I have Schwintec slide issues big time! Who should I contact Schwintec, Lippert, or Grand Design? The trailer is a 2021 so out of warranty, even though I have had issues since day one with the slides not staying in sync! Every time I get them in sync, the next trip they will not deploy from just sitting there! Got home this time, the slides came in perfect at the campground, then got home and neither slide would come in! Tried to over ride the controllers and both buttons on the controller came off, so now I can't even override them to get them out!
    2021 300RBTS Reflection
    2024 GMC Duramax

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some of those slides were recalled depending on when they were manufactured. I'd contact both Lippert and GD.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Some of those slides were recalled depending on when they were manufactured. I'd contact both Lippert and GD.
    Ok, thanks! I went on customer support for Lippert and they wanted the fault code and to measure clearance. the clearance is perfect on the slide. But, now both buttons have fallen off the controllers and I can't even override system now and the new controllers are $250.00 dollars each! I finally got one slide out the other is saying it has a short between the motor and controller! Do you know what the recall was for on the slides?
    2021 300RBTS Reflection
    2024 GMC Duramax

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stephen and Judy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, but I don't think that is my problem? Mine was built early in model build. I got the trailer in July of 2020 but it was a 2021 model, must have been right after they started building them. One slide throws a code of a short between motor and controller. I had this checked at an RV repair shop not long after I got trailer but after a week of trying, they could not replicate the condition. It worked good for about a year then started having trouble again. Not sure about the other slide, neither has ever stayed in sync for any length of time! Now I have had to over ride them so much both buttons broke off the controllers yesterday! Now I can't even override them at all! Looks like it will cost me over 500 dollars to replace both controllers if I can't repair them!
    2021 300RBTS Reflection
    2024 GMC Duramax

Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thread moved to Slide Systems.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full-timed for 9 years in a Reflection 337RLS and Solitude 310GK-R

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What buttons btw?

Can’t you just unplug the wiring harness to the motors?
    Is that not the procedure?
    It will allow them to move if unplugged

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    What buttons btw?

Can’t you just unplug the wiring harness to the motors?
    Is that not the procedure?
    It will allow them to move if unplugged
    Just unplugging them won't be enough. You have to remove the set screw that engages the motor. Then it should be possible to move the slide in and out by hand. Unfortunately, it is not easy to get at that set screw. See Figure 1A in the document below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In wall slideout assembly ccd-0001770.pdf 
Views:	21 
Size:	949.0 KB 
ID:	51050

I've attached some troubleshooting procedures.

It is also possible to get third party parts that work for the slides, I got mine on Amazon for a fraction of what Lippert/GD charges.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DPCGTT9
    https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo.../dp/B07YM33RS2
    https://www.amazon.com/LippertTM-Rep.../dp/B01LOIX79M
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ccd_0002071 (IN-WALL® SLIDE-OUT TROUBLESHOOTING).pdf  
    Last edited by Soundsailor; 06-01-2024 at 12:46 PM.
    Stephen and Judy

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just unplugging them won't be enough. You have to remove the set screw that engages the motor. Then it should be possible to move the slide in and out by hand. Unfortunately, it is not easy to get at that set screw. See Figure 1A in the document below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	In wall slideout assembly ccd-0001770.pdf 
Views:	21 
Size:	949.0 KB 
ID:	51050

I've attached some troubleshooting procedures.

It is also possible to get third party parts that work for the slides, I got mine on Amazon for a fraction of what Lippert/GD charges.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09DPCGTT9
    https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-Compo.../dp/B07YM33RS2
    https://www.amazon.com/LippertTM-Rep.../dp/B01LOIX79M
    Thanks for the links. I took the controllers off and rebuilt them. Thankfully I found all the parts that fell off! I have had more issues with these slides than all other problems I have had with my trailers in the last 40 years of camping! If something does not give I will have a Grand Design Reflection for sale! These slides have to be the biggest piece of junk they have ever put on a camper!
    2021 300RBTS Reflection
    2024 GMC Duramax

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fault between motor and controller

Quote Originally Posted by PTParker View Post
    Thanks, but I don't think that is my problem? Mine was built early in model build. I got the trailer in July of 2020 but it was a 2021 model, must have been right after they started building them. One slide throws a code of a short between motor and controller. I had this checked at an RV repair shop not long after I got trailer but after a week of trying, they could not replicate the condition. It worked good for about a year then started having trouble again. Not sure about the other slide, neither has ever stayed in sync for any length of time! Now I have had to over ride them so much both buttons broke off the controllers yesterday! Now I can't even override them at all! Looks like it will cost me over 500 dollars to replace both controllers if I can't repair them!
    I struggled with the same problem you are describing where the code says there is a fault between the motor and controller. While at the national rally last year, Lippert installed a new motor, but that did not solve the problem. Finally, this spring I just replaced the cable for the motor on the side that was giving me problems. This was relatively simple to do and only entailed loosening a 3 foot section of the underbelly on either side and pushing the new cable through taped to a long broom handle. (Yours could be easier depending on location of controller in relation to slide motor.) My slide has been working flawlessly ever since. Lippert sells new cables for about $105.
    Erik & Becca
    2021 Imagine 2450rl
    (dinette and recliner delete)
    2022 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 Crew Cab gasser

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast