User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    fredandfred

Oven staying lit

Our oven has been working fine but now I light the pilot then turn on the oven and all is well. When it reaches the temperature it shuts off and the pilot remains lit to reignite the burner. I know the pilot has to be close to the thermocouple to keep it lit. When I look at the burner I can see the pilot going out coming back lit, going out, coming back lit. It's like the main burner is taking the gas supply down. When the main burner isn't on the pilot stays lit forever. Anyone else have this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen that, but I wonder if it has to do with O2 supply at the back where the pilot is, being consumed by the burner ahead of it?

Does the pilot exhibit any decrease when you run another gas consumer (top burner or furnace)?
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    I haven't seen that, but I wonder if it has to do with O2 supply at the back where the pilot is, being consumed by the burner ahead of it?

Does the pilot exhibit any decrease when you run another gas consumer (top burner or furnace)?
    Didn't notice any decrease in the pilot light. Not sure what to do next.

fredandfred
    Found this on another thread with the same issue.

I had the same problem with mine...while at the rally, the Suburban tech, Terry repaired it. It turned out being the venturi on the pilot assembly was drilled too large (apparently Suburban had a few bad ones get out, he knew of the problem). The fix was to replace the pilot assembly.

I can't haul my camper to the dealer, I don't have a truck that can handle it. I can't see them coming out to fix it.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a problem with propane, just filled both bottles and the furnace will not run off the curb side bottle, fine on the street side bottle. This issue is ongoing. I can't help but believe that these stove/oven issues may be related to different pressure and/or volume from the two tanks also. I am going to dig deeper into prior postings on propane issues.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by steve gravelle View Post
    We have a problem with propane, just filled both bottles and the furnace will not run off the curb side bottle, fine on the street side bottle. This issue is ongoing. I can't help but believe that these stove/oven issues may be related to different pressure and/or volume from the two tanks also. I am going to dig deeper into prior postings on propane issues.
    That is strange. I have been using a 100 gallon lp tank since we first started living here. It has worked fine for almost a year and now it's not. I just want to bake some biscuits.

fredandfred
    https://youtu.be/RHf29A1-Gsg

A video of what's going on with my pilot light. When the main burner goes out after reaching the temperature the pilot is out. It only does this when the oven is hot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds exactly like the problem I had (the post you quoted above). Did it ever work properly? Mine did not, which is how it was determined the pilot assembly was bad.

Big Mike
    Mike and Mary Beth, Hopatcong, NJ
    2015 Momentum 385th with MorRyde Independent Suspension and Disc Brakes
    2014 Dodge Dually
    2014 Harley Ultra Limited (Big Mike's)
    2015 Indian Chieftain (Mary Beth's)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steve gravelle View Post
    This can be caused by - believe it or not - opening the valve on the cylinder too fast once you re-connect it after empty. It's part of the safety system in modern valves. They key is to open the valve on the cylinder slowly.

There is an "excess flow device" in the green connector fittings. If propane attempts to flow past it too fast, it closes off. If you open the valve on the cylinder too fast, it can trip that. If you open it slowly it won't.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

fredandfred
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Mike View Post
    This sounds exactly like the problem I had (the post you quoted above). Did it ever work properly? Mine did not, which is how it was determined the pilot assembly was bad.

Big Mike
    It worked for about the first 11 months. Now that it's a year old it doesn't. I have no idea what to do next. We are living in the camper and I have no way of taking it to the dealer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast