User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And now my front hanger V-clip welds fractured

Well, not sure where this ends but very disappointing after zero miles upon return from a factory visit with suspension the number two item on the list. Dealer is not returning my call yet and haven't found a mobile welder in the area. But where does this end?????
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear that John, you've had a run of bad luck.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw a video recently where the guy had a Solitude with problems and just got a brand new 24 337. Had it 2 or 3 weeks and it was being taken back to Grand Design via their driver. Looks like bad frame damage. Back wall coming apart and a lot more. This seems to be a huge issue.

I have 1st hand knowledge of a buddy and his new 390 and it has been to GD for outrigger problems and now he has to take it back again after his workamping gig from Idaho. Not looking good for GD.

I love my 2018 337 but will not ever purchase another GD unit.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    Gen Y 4.5 GOOSENECK ADDED 5/29/24

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the V clips are concerned , have you reached out to Lippert on those? When our hanger fell off (this was several years ago now) Lippert came to the rescue when we could not find a mobile welder. They have trucks out in the real world doing repairs. Can't hurt to reach out to them
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    As far as the V clips are concerned , have you reached out to Lippert on those? When our hanger fell off (this was several years ago now) Lippert came to the rescue when we could not find a mobile welder. They have trucks out in the real world doing repairs. Can't hurt to reach out to them
    Not yet - waiting to hear back from GD. I did reach out to them when we had our issues in Glacier and they reviewed pictures and said I must have hit something - no coverage. This is a little more straightforward though so I'll probably give them a call.
    Robin & John
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good advice from someone about calling Lippert.

How does a hanger break with zero miles? Are you taking some pretty sever turns (especially backwards) maybe while trying to put the rig into a parking spot? That stresses the heck out of everything. Good case for using MorRyde X-factors on bother front, rear and middle suspension points.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Good advice from someone about calling Lippert.

How does a hanger break with zero miles? Are you taking some pretty sever turns (especially backwards) maybe while trying to put the rig into a parking spot? That stresses the heck out of everything. Good case for using MorRyde X-factors on bother front, rear and middle suspension points.
    Well, zero miles since return from Elkhart. I don't know when the welds fractured but I have to think the GD mobile tech at Glacier last August or the factory visit in April would have seen them. But, just looked at the aft weld on the RF V-clip and that is intact so at least on that side, only the forward weld fractured. The hanger appears to be completely intact - just the v-clip weld and only one of two welds on the RF v-clip. Have to take a closer look at the back of the LF v-clip.
    Robin & John

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    V-clips are a band-aid and not sound engineering if a real engineer considers all of the forces on the hangers under the most critical scenarios like having to table spin. What they are is cheap, fast to sloppily install on the line or in the field, and will work for the average weekend warrior. No doubt another cold weld. Have a pro fix it and then brace between the hangers with X-factors or homemade equivalents.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Within two hours, LCI punted me back to Grand Design. Now I'm not sure what's next.

EDIT: GD pushed it back on LCI since the frames are delivered with hangers and V-clips from Lippert.
    Last edited by ajg617; 06-12-2024 at 02:13 PM.
    Robin & John

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    X2 - We called GD to review a few pictures of a missing weld on our upper frame structure. They put me in contact with LCI service team. After sharing pictures they arranged an LCI service tech to stop by and review. 2-3 days later the tech arrived at our storage facility and made the weld repair. Service tech had worked for Lippert over 20 years. Hope you have the same luck as us with LCI. I saved the LCI CSR phone number. PM me if needed.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast