Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question 2 Questions about Slide-Out Toppers

I want to order slide-out toppers for my 337RLS and install them myself. 1.) Does anyone have a strong feeling or opinion on the best slide-out topper? I have looked online at Dometic and also Carefree of Colorado. It seems that the original material used in both does not last more than a few years and then can be replaced with a better aftermarket product. 2.) My 337RLS is stored in Florida and I am in Ohio. I have the width measurements, but I also need the slide out depths and the flange width around the slide-out. Can anyone help me with those measurements? I wanted to get the toppers ordered so I can take them with me to Florida and install this winter. I have been forewarned (and much appreciate) that the LR/DR slide-out is extremely close to the awning and need to be very careful with that installation. Any other thoughts, suggestions or warnings will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance to all that reply.
    Keith & Julie
    Huron, OH
    "Boys and their Toys"
    GD Reflection 337RLS
    Sailfish 266CC Twin Yamaha 150's 4 stroke
    Ford F-350XLT 4X4 SRW 6.7 Diesel Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used Carefree, Its the curb side that is close to the awning.Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith

Which model of the Carefree of Colorado toppers did you get? I want to installer toppers on my 318RST when it gets here. I think Grand Design uses the Colorado toppers on the Solitude but I'm not sure which model they use.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brian,

I have not ordered any toppers yet. I have gotten the measurements I need, but looking at the different choices, Deluxe, Elite, etc. And then trying to figure out which brackets, regular or angled, I should get. Too many decisions and I am just procrastinating. The one thing I am really good at!! Any information you could pass along would be appreciated.
    Keith & Julie
    Huron, OH
    "Boys and their Toys"
    GD Reflection 337RLS
    Sailfish 266CC Twin Yamaha 150's 4 stroke
    Ford F-350XLT 4X4 SRW 6.7 Diesel Long Bed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the carefree type that has the awning enclosed in a metal protector. I think that will help as when the slides are in no sun gets to them. I don't know the name of these particular toppers. Got them from Camping World. Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CaseyKey View Post
    ...Any information you could pass along would be appreciated.
    I'm going to wait until my new 318 arrives so I can take measurements of the slide outs . Once I have that information I'm just going to call Carefree of Colorado and talk to them. Like most companies, they have a horrible website. It doesn't explain the differences between the models or fabrics (or much of anything else for that matter). I hope some day companies realize they could cut their support staff by 75% if they just designed a web site that let potential customers learn enough about their products to order them without assistance. Most companies don't even get the basics down. Sorry for the mini-rant. I buy a lot of products online and I'd say 5% of the companies understand how to sell their products. The rest just confuse me :-)
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    Once I have that information I'm just going to call Carefree of Colorado and talk to them.
    When I bought an awning from them I too had to call them. Very helpful peeps and gave me all the time on the phone I needed to answer all my questions. Definitely would buy from them again.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE