User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxx Air Fan vent cover stuck. How to fix?

Hi folks,
    I have a 2022 Reflection 150 260 RD. While camping this week my Maxx Air vent cover would not open up. The fan worked and the motor for lifting the vent cover came on, but the vent stayed closed. I just had my rig in for a slide replacement and would hope that there is a simple fix to loosen or gently "unstick" the vent cover. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Steve
    2022 F-350 Diesel SRW
    2022 Reflection 260RD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On mine I know the cover tends to stick but usually the motor raises it after it puts enough pressure on it. One time the arm that raises the cover broke. Easy replacement but has to be done from outside (on the roof).

This is the part I had to replace.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    On mine I know the cover tends to stick but usually the motor raises it after it puts enough pressure on it. One time the arm that raises the cover broke. Easy replacement but has to be done from outside (on the roof).

This is the part I had to replace.
    Thank you for the input!! I am going to get up on the roof and see if the vent is stuck / vapor locked / something!? I need to check for any cracked seals / caulking anyways. I am going to gently try and move the vent as my wife presses the button to raise the vent. Everything seems to be activating, just no raising of the vent. Thanks for the part number! Worse comes to worse we replace the part if it's a no-go on my remedy.
    Steve
    2022 F-350 Diesel SRW
    2022 Reflection 260RD

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours sticks if it has sat for a while, I just hit close then hit open a few times and it will pop loose and work fine.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteverinoDC1 View Post
    Hi folks,
    I have a 2022 Reflection 150 260 RD. While camping this week my Maxx Air vent cover would not open up. The fan worked and the motor for lifting the vent cover came on, but the vent stayed closed. I just had my rig in for a slide replacement and would hope that there is a simple fix to loosen or gently "unstick" the vent cover. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Steve
    This happened on our recent trip. My husband had to reach up and give the manual knob a push as I pushed the button on the control to get things moving. Both ways - opening & closing.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DougW9876 View Post
    Ours sticks if it has sat for a while, I just hit close then hit open a few times and it will pop loose and work fine.
    Have you attempted to put any light manual pressure (internally or externally) to move the vent cover?
    Steve
    2022 F-350 Diesel SRW
    2022 Reflection 260RD

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the input!! I am going to get up on the roof and see if the vent is stuck / vapor locked / something!? I need to check for any cracked seals / caulking anyways. I am going to gently try and move the vent as my wife presses the button to raise the vent. Everything seems to be activating, just no raising of the vent. Thanks for the part number! Worse comes to worse we replace the part if it's a no-go on my remedy.
    Steve
    It's just the weatherstripping sticking to the cover. Maybe something like Armorall would make it stick less?
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you attempted to put any light manual pressure (internally or externally) to move the vent cover?
    Steve
    No, I haven’t. There is a screen on the inside and I would need a step stool or something to reach to get it off and I am not getting on the roof.
    2022 Reflection150 226RK
    2022 F150 Powerboost hybrid with 3.5L Ecoboost

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gear drive disintigrated on my unit a few months ago. 30 dollar part. 2 screws easy fix btw.
    Jim and Belinda H. Pa.

2018 337RLS- 2nd ac, dual pane windows, table and chairs, Kodiak disc brakes 12-28-17 (Thanks Ed!)
    Gen Y 4.5 GOOSENECK ADDED 5/29/24

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine used to stick, then pop open. I put some silicone grease (very lightly) around the lip. Has not stuck since.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    Curt Crosswing hitch
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast