User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reflection Electrical System Issues

My unit is a 2018 Model Year Reflection 337RLS. Rear awning is stuck in retracted position. I am suspicious the motor is bad, but wondering if any of you have any tips to trouble shoot it. I checked the only fuse I could find, and it is good. This leads to my next question: Where can I find a complete wiring diagram for my rig?

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cleary View Post
    My unit is a 2018 Model Year Reflection 337RLS. Rear awning is stuck in retracted position. I am suspicious the motor is bad, but wondering if any of you have any tips to trouble shoot it. I checked the only fuse I could find, and it is good. This leads to my next question: Where can I find a complete wiring diagram for my rig?
    Your best bet for a wiring diagram is reaching out to GD customer support using your VIN. Even the same model may be wired differently during phases of the production process. Have you checked the awning motor with a meter to make sure it's getting power?
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the very least before buying a new motor, 1/ take the switch out of the control centre and first check with your meter for 12vdc on one side and then 2/ verify the switch is working.
    It may turn out that a connector came off the back of the switch or something simple like that.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had the same issue. Confirmed power was reaching the motor first. I then had DW hit the extend switch at the same time I pulled out on the motor side of the awning. It started to extend at that point. Once fully extended I lubricated all the hinges. Ran the awning in and out a few times. Have not had the issue since. I do lubricate the hinges each year now.

Just believe there was too much friction for the motor to overcome and extend.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax