User Tag List

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cyber attack takes down thousands of auto dealers

I received an email from the RAM dealership in North Carolina that I sometimes use for oil changes. No timeline for coming back on-line from CDK Global's software. https://arstechnica.com/information-...-a-second-day/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Car dealer cyber.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	51218

EDIT: This has impacted sales, orders, deliveries, and repair of all three major TV dealerships (RAM, Ford, GM). The financial data that these dealerships have in purchasing/maintaining your TV is significant. CDK Global has not confirmed what personal data may or may not have been stolen or even the type of attack yet. More info from MotorTrend. https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news...ou/ar-BB1oB1eb.

Pull quote is "For now, if you've been a recent customer of a dealership, whether for service or purchasing or test driving a vehicle, it's probably wise to keep an eye on your digital financial records..."

I believe CDK's DMS related to Lightspeed DMS (just spun off as a separate company last year from CDK Global) which services the recreational vehicle market to include Keystone, Jayco, Forest River, Winnebago, Heartland, and Coachmen. TBD on whether they've been impacted.
    Last edited by ajg617; 06-20-2024 at 06:54 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, thanks for the heads-up!
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Wow, thanks for the heads-up!
    It's impacting dealerships that use the portfolio of systems CDK offers and those buyers that already had an agreement to purchase a vehicle and were waiting to close on it are now in limbo. Kudos to the dealership that sent me the email. I've had the TV serviced at 5 dealers from Montana to NH and wonder how many of those might be impacted - especially the one that I purchased it from that has all of my financial info somewhere. Haven't heard from them but this is getting tiring - had my SSN compromised in three hacks last Nov-Dec and had to put a freeze on the credit bureaus.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Cybercrime is here to stay.
    Rich
    '16 Ram 2500 CTD CC 4x4 / '21 Imagine 2600RB
    The Journey Is The Destination

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did the purchase paperwork on 6/26 and my Ford dealership is still feeling the impact of this. Finance guy had to manually input information multiple times on forms so the process took a lot longer than normal.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2024 F450 HO Diesel