Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gray tanks allow drain, black tank fine

Both of my gray tanks are draining incredibly slow but the black tank drains like gangbusters.

My sewer hose is going over a low curb before it gets to the sewer so I have to lift the hose and walk the last bits of water out of it to make it drain into the sewer. I've noticed that the water wants to run a little bit back uphill as I'm doing that. It makes me think that there's some suction or vacuum on the other end. Could a blockage on the roof vent cause this? I think if the roof vent were blocked it would slow down the black tank drainage too but that's coming out at full force.
    Last edited by hampal; 06-21-2024 at 10:13 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What trailer model do you have? My 310GK's kitchen grey tank drains slow. The dump line has very little slant to it.
    Black tank pipes are bigger than grey ones also.
    I've read on here that if you lower the front of the trailer will help with flow. Not that important to me so I've never tried it.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    May be worth trying this: https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Blaster...12&sr=8-1&th=1

I'd do it with all the gates closed; then 1 open at a time.

Regardless of fixing this; once you use this on your black tank after you think you've cleaned it; you will use this every time.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronk1 View Post
    What trailer model do you have? My 310GK's kitchen grey tank drains slow. The dump line has very little slant to it.
    Black tank pipes are bigger than grey ones also.
    I've read on here that if you lower the front of the trailer will help with flow. Not that important to me so I've never tried it.
    It's a 2020 Imagine 2500 RL. Normally when I open the grey tank valves the outrush of water completely fills the line but this trip it's little more than a trickle and takes 20 minutes to completely empty each grey tank.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hampal View Post
    It's a 2020 Imagine 2500 RL. Normally when I open the grey tank valves the outrush of water completely fills the line but this trip it's little more than a trickle and takes 20 minutes to completely empty each grey tank.
    Ruh roh.
    I'd try what @Keebler suggested. I use one of those also.
    Paul, Sue & Wonder Dog Zane
    '18 Solitude 310 GK
    "15 F-350 6.7, DRW, CC

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've used one similar for nearly 10 years. It started leaking a bit, so I bought one of those at Wal-Mart. Works fine. Our trailer has a black tank rinse system, but there is a bit of a leak at the point where the hose attaches, so I haven't used it for a while. We're parked for a month, so will have time to tear into it a see what's what.

On our trailer, the two grey tanks come from opposite ends and the black is in the middle, so the spray at the drain point goes straight into the black tank, while it has to angle to go into the grey tanks. I don't worry about getting them all that clean, as I dump when I need to fill. (We run only on the fresh water tank.)
    David Lininger, kb0zke
    Rev. 2:10c
    2022 Reflection 315RLTS, 2016 F350 CC SRW King Ranch
    https://davidlininger.smugmug.com/20...Solar/n-Ptjj7r

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the symptom where trying to remove standing water from the sewer hose by walking it towards the sewer? It seems like it wants to get sucked back uphill towards the trailer.

I'm home now and went up on the roof and took a picture. If allowed I'll post it here. There are three things on the roof that look like they could be tank vents. One is white and two are black. One black one is directly above the back of the toilet and has no cap on it. Is it supposed to have a cap? The other two are capped. Nothing visibly appears to be blocked.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	roof vents.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	51254

#1 is above the front of the shower
    #2 I have no idea what is below it but its somewhere in the bathroom
    #3 is directly above the back of the toilet and I assume its the black tank vernt.

#3 has no cap. Should it have one?

Which one would be the vent for the grey tanks?
    Last edited by hampal; 06-25-2024 at 02:57 PM.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More bizareness. The tank that was reading 2/3 full, I completely emptied when I got home. It trickle drained for about half an hour and I got maybe 3/4 of a gallon to 1 gallon in my tote. When I went back to the panel to see what it was reading, it was now reading empty.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More bizareness. The tank that was reading 2/3 full, I completely emptied when I got home. It trickle drained for about half an hour and I got maybe 3/4 of a gallon to 1 gallon in my tote. When I went back to the panel to see what it was reading, it was now reading empty.
    Good chance the grey tank was actually close to empty but there was a piece of debris stuck to a sensor creating the false level reading. Very common issue with tank sensors.

Dutchman2
    Jim & Patricia
    2021 Reflection 337RLS
    2024 GMC 3500HD CC-SRW-SB Duramax

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tank sensors are notoriously incapable of telling how full/empty you are.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast