Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New owners of a 378MBS with a few questions.

Greeting GD Owners, Just purchased our 2024 Solitude last month and so far loving it. Been out once and getting ready to head out again. We do have a few questions we are hoping you can answer:
    Noticed water spilled on kitchen floor the 3 times we completed towing. Even though the water pump is off we have found water on the floor. I suspect the faucet handle is opening up and residual water in the line is spilling so for now we are using a small bungy cord to keep the handle closed.
    I have water in my fresh water tank and it appears there is NOT anyway to empty the fresh water tank except to run it into the waste tank- is this correct?
    When storing the camper how do I power down the 12v fridge, throw the breaker?
    While crawling underneath the slide out with the fireplace I noticed a lever under the slide, i did not touch it , does anyone know what this is for?

Thanks all, I appreciate any feedback.
    Joe & Joyce
    2024 Solitude 378MBS
    2017 Chevy 3500 DRW Crew Cab Long Bed Duramax Bilstein 5100's
    Trailer Saver BD5-G

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usmc616 View Post
    Greeting GD Owners, Just purchased our 2024 Solitude last month and so far loving it. Been out once and getting ready to head out again. We do have a few questions we are hoping you can answer:
    Noticed water spilled on kitchen floor the 3 times we completed towing. Even though the water pump is off we have found water on the floor. I suspect the faucet handle is opening up and residual water in the line is spilling so for now we are using a small bungy cord to keep the handle closed.
    I have water in my fresh water tank and it appears there is NOT anyway to empty the fresh water tank except to run it into the waste tank- is this correct?
    When storing the camper how do I power down the 12v fridge, throw the breaker?
    While crawling underneath the slide out with the fireplace I noticed a lever under the slide, i did not touch it , does anyone know what this is for?

Thanks all, I appreciate any feedback.
    1. Water sometimes drips from the faucet. We have noticed that the faucet rotates sometimes while driving and then the bumps on the way cause it to drip. Never notice the tap turn on though.
    2. The handle under your kitchen slide is the drain for the fresh water tank. Just pull and and stand back while the water pours out.
    3. I don't have the 12V fridge. I still have the Norcold 2118 absorption fridge so can't help there but either hit the breaker or find a switch to turn it off in the manual.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the level should be for the auto leveling system. There should be another one somewhere for the other direction.
    New: 2021 Solitude 380FL
    Prior: 2016 Alpine 3600RS
    Tow: 2024 F450 HO Diesel

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your 12-volt frig should have a built-in way to turn it off, check the owner's manual. Be sure to shut it down before storage, don't rely on the battery kill switch. Some have permanently damaged their fridges due to power issues during storage.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcolour View Post
    And the level should be for the auto leveling system. There should be another one somewhere for the other direction.
    Not sure what level you are referencing , but I do have the auto leveling system controller in the drivers side front storage compartment
    Joe & Joyce
    2024 Solitude 378MBS
    Trailer Saver BD5-G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundsailor View Post
    Your 12-volt frig should have a built-in way to turn it off, check the owner's manual. Be sure to shut it down before storage, don't rely on the battery kill switch. Some have permanently damaged their fridges due to power issues during storage.
    Thank you.
    Joe & Joyce
    2024 Solitude 378MBS
    Trailer Saver BD5-G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Calbar View Post
    1. Water sometimes drips from the faucet. We have noticed that the faucet rotates sometimes while driving and then the bumps on the way cause it to drip. Never notice the tap turn on though.
    2. The handle under your kitchen slide is the drain for the fresh water tank. Just pull and and stand back while the water pours out.
    3. I don't have the 12V fridge. I still have the Norcold 2118 absorption fridge so can't help there but either hit the breaker or find a switch to turn it off in the manual.

Rob
    Thank you , your reply has been very helpful.
    Joe & Joyce
    2024 Solitude 378MBS
    Trailer Saver BD5-G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just gone out on another trip - the shelves in the closet with the washer/dryer hook up have fallen each time we have pulled the fifth wheel . Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the shelves from falling ?
    Joe & Joyce
    2024 Solitude 378MBS
    Trailer Saver BD5-G

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another question - what do you use to prevent items in the refrigerator from shifting? When we had a TT we used the tension bars but they do not expand enough for our current refrigerator .
    Joe & Joyce
    2024 Solitude 378MBS
    Trailer Saver BD5-G

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Usmc616 View Post
    Just gone out on another trip - the shelves in the closet with the washer/dryer hook up have fallen each time we have pulled the fifth wheel . Anyone have any ideas on how to prevent the shelves from falling ?
    Sorry can't help with this one. My shelves have never fallen. They are actually pretty tight.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 Solitude 378MBS
    2022 RAM 3500 SRW HO Aisin 4x4
    Waterloo, Ontario, Canada

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast