User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    mehall1087

Friend just bought a Voltage

We decided on the 388M over the Voltage and now a friend has bought a Voltage so now we can compare side by side. I think we are better than Voltage or I would not have bought one but now I will report on what happens to theirs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at a ton of units, and there were some Voltage, Fuzion, and Tesla models that we really liked, but the build, layout, and especially after-sale support from Grand Design made the decision pretty easy in the end.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious to hear comparisons!
    2016 Momentum 350M (w/Goodyear G614 tires matched perfect and staggered special!)
    2010 Ford F350 Lariat 6.4L PowerStroke 4x4 CrewCab SRW
    PullRite SuperGlide 20k hitch

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

mehall1087
    We were so close to a Voltage they had started the make ready when I discovered GD. The dealer didn't know they had the 388M in stock when I went to look at it. I told him he needed to check his inventory and sure enough it is the one we bought. Just felt like a whole lot more camper and better constructed than the others.

C130TN
    I was at a Camping World last weekend and looked at a new Voltsge that was inside their showroom. It's a nice toy hauler but to me and my wife there's no comparison to our Momentum. I just wasn't impressed and we looked about every rut hauler made but never even considered the Voltage. Back 3 or 4 years ago we liked it a lot. The Tesla was our second choice but we always kept coming back to the Momentum. We liked the looks of the outside of the Momentum the best and we liked the interior by far the best of any we looked at.

Brewbadger
    Friend don't let friends buy Voltages..
    I looked at a few rigs myself and the 380th fit the best for me. I really did like the DRV JX450 Fullhouse, but could not justify the extra 60 grand. I see they have been dropping there prices as most people probably couldn't justify it either.

mehall1087
    Lol. I had to have the 14 ft garage. I agree on these momentums, it just felt better walking into it on the lot. The voltage dealer told me they have to basically rebuild every unit when they come in from voltage. That seems so crazy to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We looked at all of the large toyhaulers prior to going with the 380TH. Several we liked a lot but none had the sheer living space and layout of the one we chose. The Tesla models were our second choice but IMO the build quality and support would of been lacking. Plus they are a bit gaudy for my taste.

We also looked at a DRV 450 and liked it but passed in the end as the layout wasn't quite right. Funny thing, some friends went with us to look at it and ended up buying it. RV is still at the dealer waiting for warranty work to finish from items they found during the PDI - there were lots of small items and a couple serious issues. None we evident when we toured the trailer on the sales lot.

In comparison, we took our new RV camping straight after the PDI and have found very few issues with it since then. I have dealt directly with GD to get the items taken care of and they have been excellent to deal with. Cut the dealer BS out of the equation and things get fixed pretty quickly. Just my experience, though.
    Chris & Honey & Mugsy
    2015 380TH -- Vin 573FM4221F1103069
    2015 Ram 3500 Dually

C130TN
    Quote Originally Posted by C&H Conner View Post
    In comparison, we took our new RV camping straight after the PDI and have found very few issues with it since then. I have dealt directly with GD to get the items taken care of and they have been excellent to deal with. Cut the dealer BS out of the equation and things get fixed pretty quickly. Just my experience, though.
    Are you repairing the items yourself or having someone do it? That's basically my plan and no way am I leaving my 385 at the dealer sitting outside for 2-3 months to do one day of work. That's not really an option anyways since I didn't purchase locally. 2-3 months is for their customers, can't imagine for non customers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by C&H Conner View Post
    The Tesla models were our second choice but IMO the build quality and support would of been lacking. Plus they are a bit gaudy for my taste.
    Was it the "disco party lights"? My wife and I liked a lot of things about the Tesla units - the blackout shades, some of the layout, and even the lighting around the edges of the counters. But like you, we noted some issues with the build quality of the units we looked at, didn't get any real info from the factory, and hated those disco lights. It seemed like more of a party machine and nothing like a home.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast