User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Martin&Roggie

New 337RLS delivery

We just picked up our new Reflection 337RLS at Coachlight RV in Carthage Mo. yesterday. We spent last night in the unit parked behind their service building because the adjacent rv park was full. The dealership gave us the combination to the locked gate so we could get in and out to have dinner.

We love the new unit. We knew we would. After the months of research our first night verified we had made the right choice. We had only a few glitches. All corrected. The really minor items I will take care of myself. One thing I will mention is in regards to the Furrion entertainment system. We had difficulty getting the remote control to work. It would only work intermittently. We first thought it was a weak battery which we replaced. No difference. We then tried a remote from a different unit. No difference. We were stumped. By then the dealership had closed and we were alone. After pondering the situation, I thought I would try the remote with the cupboard door open and found that it worked fine. Apparently the smoked glass in the cupboard door prevents the infra red signal from reaching the base unit. It is a minor inconvenience but something we will get used to.

Now a bit about the dealership. And keep in mind this is only my impression. My wife tends to look more on the positive side then I do, so she has advised me to try and and do the same. We arrived shortly after the dealership opened. Our salesman had informed us previously that he would not be there the day of pickup. No problem. Our unit was ready and sitting in a service bay waiting for our PDI. We were assigned a service technician (no names) to walk us through. He is probably a great tech but customer service was not his strong suit. He was able to answer the majority of our questions but at times I found his knowledge of our particular unit lacking. Our unit has the new auto-leveling system. He gave me the impression that he was not well versed in its operation. I asked several questions which he could not answer. He told me he would get with another tech more knowledgeable and get back to me which never occured. I worked out the operation later with the help of another employee who happened to be walking by. I would say at this point that my wife and I are not new to RVing. We were able to use our previous experiences to understand the operation and processes of our new unit. Had we been newbies, we probably would have been lost at this point. Okay enough about that.

Our old and new units were parked next to each other which made the transfer of our belongings very easy. However it donned on me, at this point, that no one had suggested we ensure the pin box on the new unit was adjusted correctly for our tow vehicle. Again I had to flag someone down to help me do this. Fortunately no changes were necessary as it was very close to the close of business.

Well it is the next morning. The night was uneventful and we will be leaving shortly after a visit to the dump station.

In closing I will say this. Our dealings with this dealership over all were a positive experience. Everything prior to and leading up the actual purchase went without a hitch. Our salesman, the finance people, the parts department all we great. The issues we encountered were probably due to individual personalities and hard to control. Regardless, I would recommend this dealership and use them again for service issues in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a very similar experience with Four Seasons in Abilene. Sales was great, service department did an outstanding job of getting the unit ready for delivery. We've had no issues with leaks or malfunctions at all. But the employee who actually did the PDI with us was sadly clueless. He showed us nothing at all. It's a good thing our daughter and son-in-law showed up later on in the day. They own a 5th wheel and were able to instruct us about how everything works. I think it was that particular employee's first or second day at work, so we took that into consideration. And our sales rep did come to our campsite later on and helped us out. She is awesome. The next day after spending the night they installed the hitch into our pickup and dropped it off at our campsite. We later had to track down someone to show us how to hook up the fifth wheel to our truck. This wasn't our first camper, but it is our first 5th wheel. If we ever trade for another RV, we'd use Four Seasons again, but we'll be much more knowledgeable in what to ask for and expect during the PDI. And....we absolutely love our Grand Design 337 Reflection. I'm curious to how you'll like the auto level. Just a little jealous.
    Happy Kansans .... DeWayne & Benita
    and one crazy little ShihPoo puppy named Olive Ann
    2015 Reflection 337
    2017 Ford F350 Super Duty SRW

Martin&Roggie
    Here she is

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1445101057349.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	3303

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Martin&Roggie
    Martin has a question. The grey water tanks were not marked as far as which were galley and which bathroom. We weren't in it long enough to tell and our tech could not answer that question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2014 337. Looking at the panel, the bathroom grey is the center handle, the kitchen grey is on the left.
    Steve and Bonnie
    Appomattox, VA
    2014 Reflection 337RLS
    VIN: 573FR3624E3300391
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually

Martin&Roggie
    This FW has load range E tires. The dealership filled them to the maximum psi cold rating of 80 psi. I like to run them 5 psi below the max to allow for expansion. Thoughts and/or opinions appreciated.

Martin&Roggie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran1 View Post
    I have a 2014 337. Looking at the panel, the bathroom grey is the center handle, the kitchen grey is on the left.
    Thanks Ciaran1. That's very helpful.

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 80 psi is the cold pressure to carry the designed load, our TPMS shows that the pressure builds with miles, and builds more on hotter days. Starting with a lower pressure reduces the load you can carry. My 40 plus years in automotive including tires motivate me to recommend the 80 psi, and that is what GDRV wants you to start with. If you want to get more details, probably Michelin and Goodyear cover this subject on their websites- you will have to search some to get to it! Others will weigh in I am sure!
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Martin&Roggie
    Quote Originally Posted by steve gravelle View Post
    The 80 psi is the cold pressure to carry the designed load, our TPMS shows that the pressure builds with miles, and builds more on hotter days. Starting with a lower pressure reduces the load you can carry. My 40 plus years in automotive including tires motivate me to recommend the 80 psi, and that is what GDRV wants you to start with. If you want to get more details, probably Michelin and Goodyear cover this subject on their websites- you will have to search some to get to it! Others will weigh in I am sure!
    Thank you! Good info.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My "pet peeve" to is the PDI tech should be totally knowledgeable on the Brand. When I know more than the tech there is something wrong. Same with the salesman. I knew that the hitch was not for pulling another trailer. Just 300# weight. But I asked salesman if I could pull my boat. He sad sure it was okay. I told him he better read the warning sticker by the hitch about . He was clueless. My PDI was maybe 20 minutes. Tech didn't know how the KantLeak valves worked. I did a lot of reading on this forum and am convinced because of that I did know more than the salesman or the tech.
    Lee and Sandi
    2016 337 RLS
    2006 Ram 2500 5.9L
    Sparky and Missy traveling Maltese

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast