Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kant-leak

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kant-leak

Opened her up and checked my Kantleak valve and other things. Allis good. Did have to hand tighten flush valve line but not leaks. I do have questions and / concerns. I want to prevent from occurring in the future and prefer to not worry about it (hard to do when you hear about them leaking). For those that have had the leak, do you use a water pressure restriction valve? Did you release water pressure prior to turning valve? Did you only turn valve clockwise? For those that replaced valve, did you get a second water leak after replacement. Now the big question? Is there an almost (absolute) fix to prevent this from happening other than not using the water at all? Note: Have had my 375re for 2 months and use it every weekend, but have only towed it 3 times in those 2 months. I have never turned the valve. The water holding tank was however filled for my PDI by the dealership. I as well as many are looking for a sure fix. What is it?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, use a water pressure regulator(40 lbs); Yes, use the outside shower to remove water pressure before turning the valve; Yes, turn the valve clockwise only. Yes, a few here have reported a 2nd leak after replacing the valve; Yes, a permanent fix is to remove the Kantleak and make up your own valve system. Member 2825Matheny, has posted here on how he designed his own system using off the shelf parts available at most hardware stores. He has provided pdf files on how to do it. Also, just because you havent had a leak does not mean it won't. Many members here have had their GD units many months of use before having a leak develop. IMO, it's not a matter of if you'll get a leak but a matter of when.

LA5ver
    I wonder if the Nautilus panel that comes on the newer models can be use as a direct replacement

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be too easy so my guess is no. I'm sure it can be done but you'd have to see how the nautilus is plumbed in and compare that to the KantLeak. Then it would be a matter of making sure the right hose got attached to the right port on the Nautilus valve. My winter project is to take what 2825Matheny has done and replicate it for my Reflection.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the install directions for the Nautilus P1 panel.....looks like a nightmare to me!

http://www.bandbmolders.com/files/Nautilus-P1_small.pdf

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually those directions make it fairly easy to figure the conversion from the KantLeak valve. I like the step by step direction.