User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leak in the curb side basement door.

It rained here last night, and when we went to our Solitude 305 we found a wet basement. The interior wood was wet under the door, and a towel that we had used as a covering was soaked, so quite a bit of water had leaked in and around the door. Anyone had this problem? Ideas for solving are welcome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time it rained this season, we had water in our basement too. The dealer new exactly what the problem was and the fix is to apply some silicone caulk to the screws that hold the bottom of the door in place.

Open the door and put a drop of caulk on each screw across the bottom. They did both doors and we have not seen any more water.

Camp on!!
    Barb, Lyle and the 3 four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.” – St. Augustine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the Info. We may be able to try that fix tomorrow.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you mean by screws across the bottom. Can you elaborate? Maybe your doors are much different than mine. I have a 303 Reflection that has water dripping out of the door after a rain storm. Not sure that the slam latches have sealant so I will start there. Any other suggestions? Tnx

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsewan View Post
    It rained here last night, and when we went to our Solitude 305 we found a wet basement. The interior wood was wet under the door, and a towel that we had used as a covering was soaked, so quite a bit of water had leaked in and around the door. Anyone had this problem? Ideas for solving are welcome.
    I had a leak that put water in between the bottom of the subfloor and the liner sheet right under the curbside passthrough door. @Second Chance recommended checking the screws around the frame of the baggage door. My doors had 4 screws each side on the bottom frame. See the picture below.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-10-05_12-44-24.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	30260

I just went out on Sunday and pulled out all the screws in the bottom of the frame (both sides) and filled the hole with silicone sealant, left a little on top and drove the screws back in. They should be pretty water tight now.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanx. That is good clarification. Little different from mine. I learned yet another good tip, from you, here in the GD forums.
    Warming up my sealant.....

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closetoretirement this good info. I would never have thought about that being an issue. I'll be checking my rig tomorrow and doing a little preventive maintenance.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Closetoretirement, Update, I checked my baggage door frame screws on the bottom, they were already filled with clear silicone. Maybe Grand Design got the word there were problems and started to fill on the production line.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I discovered the same issue with baggage door screws by accident. I noticed free water in the baggage hold after a good rain, which turned out to be an unrelated issue involving the docking station plumbing.

But it made me much more attentive, so when I used a dust buster on passenger side to clean up some sand, I noticed a thin line of wetness on the bottom edge of the interior wall panel under the door. At first, I dismissed it as “it’s raining and open door dripped in there”, but realized some dripping wouldn’t make that pattern.

I looked closer in a tiny gap around the frame, and sure enough, water is seeping in around the screw and soaking along the edge. It’s a silicone fix, like the others have mentioned. The passenger frame is angled in or something that seems to attract water there. It pools in the latch indentation so when it freezes in the winter, I can’t open the door.
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leak in the curb side basement door.

I know this is an older thread. But, I think this is my issue.

We just bought a 2018 solitude 375res. I had removed the basement wall to do some maintenance on one of t s gray tank valves. This is when I noticed the curb side wet and possibly damaged floor closet to the main coach entrance door. The floor was soaked thru! Bit only a 12”x17” section. I’ve racked my brain trying to figure out how it got that soaked.

Due to trading in our reflection I didn’t have everything I normally have. And, after the trade we spent three nights in it at 2 KOAs without a water pressure regulator. And, it had the curb side water hose connection just above it. But, I cannot it make it leak there again if this was it. Although, nothing else was wet if this was it. Which I don’t think it was.

Has anyone had enough water come thru the bottom screws to soak into the floor this much! I’m at a loss trying to find a root cause.

I think I will cut off the wood braces to roll up the flooring and most likely replace the wood as I don’t want it to mold. Thoughts?

Name:	IMG_3574.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	34733

Name:	IMG_3575.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	34734

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast