User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    jjweber

2015 Ram Tradesman 2500 HD 4X4 Question

Good morning

I have gone through all the past threads regarding the Ram height issues in towing the 303rls Reflection and have yet to get a clear understanding if my truck will work for towing the 303 level or not, and if it will have the 6 inch clearance between the top of the side bed and the cap that is recommended. So I thought I would come to the source.

I have a stock 2015 Ram Tradesman 2500 HD 4X4.

Question 1 - When level, what is the height of the 303 from ground to the bottom of the cap?

Question 2 - What are the dimensions of the pin from the bottom of the pin to the bottom of the cap?

Best I can measure from the ground to the top of the side bed of the truck, at the back, is somewhere between 59" to 60"s. I was looking at the the Pullrite Superglide automatic slide hitch and again, best I can measure it would be 19 inches from the bottom of the bed to the top at the hitch plate. Bottom of the bed is 40 inches from the ground (as best I can measure)

It seems that based on what I can figure the 303 isn't going to tow level behind my truck. Thus putting more weight on the rear axle.

Question 3 - Is there a general range of how much in inches the trailer can be towed off level without problems with too much on the back trailer axle.

Question 4 - Is my truck going to work?

I have read on here about people suggesting to reverse the trailer springs to add some height to the trailer but somehow I don't believe that is a good idea as it isn't how the trailer was designed and I would imagine this would cause some warranty issues.

We are very close to pulling the trigger on the 303 and my wife loves the pantry but if it doesn't work there isn't much we can do about that. Any information you can possible provide would be great.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take your truck to the dealer and back it under the trailer and get your tape measure out. You know you can adjust the king pin up or down. Also factor in any squat when the trailer is connected and loaded. PullRite Superglide says 6" clearance from bed rails to trailer.
    Susan and Jim
    2015 Reflection 27RL
    2013 Ford F350 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4 SRW
    PullRite Superglide 16K Hitch
    Timbren SES

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjweber View Post
    Good morning

I have gone through all the past threads regarding the Ram height issues in towing the 303rls Reflection and have yet to get a clear understanding if my truck will work for towing the 303 level or not, and if it will have the 6 inch clearance between the top of the side bed and the cap that is recommended. So I thought I would come to the source.

I have a stock 2015 Ram Tradesman 2500 HD 4X4.

Question 1 - When level, what is the height of the 303 from ground to the bottom of the cap?

Question 2 - What are the dimensions of the pin from the bottom of the pin to the bottom of the cap?

Best I can measure from the ground to the top of the side bed of the truck, at the back, is somewhere between 59" to 60"s. I was looking at the the Pullrite Superglide automatic slide hitch and again, best I can measure it would be 19 inches from the bottom of the bed to the top at the hitch plate. Bottom of the bed is 40 inches from the ground (as best I can measure)

It seems that based on what I can figure the 303 isn't going to tow level behind my truck. Thus putting more weight on the rear axle.

Question 3 - Is there a general range of how much in inches the trailer can be towed off level without problems with too much on the back trailer axle.

Question 4 - Is my truck going to work?

I have read on here about people suggesting to reverse the trailer springs to add some height to the trailer but somehow I don't believe that is a good idea as it isn't how the trailer was designed and I would imagine this would cause some warranty issues.

We are very close to pulling the trigger on the 303 and my wife loves the pantry but if it doesn't work there isn't much we can do about that. Any information you can possible provide would be great.

Thank you.
    Hi @jjweber,

Please send me a private message with your name and phone number, and I'll be glad to forward it to our Sales Team. Or if it is more convenient for you, please feel free to contact Peter Kinden directly for assistance. Peter is the Product Manager for our Reflection product lines, and his cell phone number is (661) 201-5501.

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

jjweber
    Thank you. Might be the best way to find out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2013 Ram 2500 and a 2014 Reflection 303 and all is well.I do use the Anderson ultimate hitch.Don
    2014 Reflection 303//2013 Ram 2500 turbo diesel Spring, TEXAS