Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Out Floor Flex

Hi we are looking to buy a Grand design Reflection Travel trailer. I was wondering if the slideout floor flexes much. Example does shaking a leg cause the slideout to flex, shaking the table in the slide? I am assuming they all do some. We currently own another brand that does and am hoping that the slide in the Reflection is solid. Does anybody know the thickness of the floors. Thank You!
    Last edited by Mark Wilson; 10-30-2015 at 03:27 PM.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reflection floors and slides are definitely solid. Main floor is 2" and slides I believe are 1"

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank You cleazenby. We will be looking at a unit in Duluth, Mn. On Monday. Looking forward to a solid unit. Our current camper floor flexes with movement. A Sunnybrook we owned was very solid.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen a few comments on the forum describing some kitchen island movement when someone walked on the floor close to the island. I could not replicate that in our 337. The dinette-side slide floor is pretty solid and there is minimal movement of the table. A few months after we got the unit, a squeak developed in the bedroom floor between the end of the bed and the dresser - but that has gone away, now. As I age, I'm the one getting shaky!

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob. My wife has a medical condition where she shakes her leg unconsciously. This flexes the floor in the slide quite a bit in the trailer we currently own. We are hoping that the Reflection slide will be of better quality. Thanks for taking time to reply and share your experience with us.

Mark

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GD Floor Shaking................they all shake somewhat...... Here is an after market solution for the shaking...see link
    I think I will be purchasing and installing this solution

http://www.steadyfast.com/favoritelinks.html

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan, I agree about the movements all campers have. The issue we have is the floor of the slideout flexes we feel excessively in our current trailer of (X Brand). Our previous Sunny Brook was rock solid. We are hoping the floors in the slides of the Grand Design Reflection travel trailer are solid. How are yours?

I will look into your suggestion for the stabilizers. Than You.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide out stability....Reflection 313

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Wilson View Post
    Alan, I agree about the movements all campers have. The issue we have is the floor of the slideout flexes we feel excessively in our current trailer of (X Brand). Our previous Sunny Brook was rock solid. We are hoping the floors in the slides of the Grand Design Reflection travel trailer are solid. How are yours?

I will look into your suggestion for the stabilizers. Than You.
    Mark, We are brand new Reflection TT owners and have only taken our unit out a week ago for a 4 day 'shakedown' camp out. The 3 slides seemed very stable and solid. We did experience some shaking in the unit in general, but I think that was due mostly to my setup as we were in Florida on very sandy soil and I did not bring enough boards with me to put under the stabilizers. I will do a better job of setting it up next time on our trip up to Charleston,SC for a 12 day outing on 11/18 I'll see how the 'general' vibrations/shaking is then. If it continues I may go with the SteadyFast system.......I need to research that system some more...

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanEdie View Post
    Mark, We are brand new Reflection TT owners and have only taken our unit out a week ago for a 4 day 'shakedown' camp out. The 3 slides seemed very stable and solid. We did experience some shaking in the unit in general, but I think that was due mostly to my setup as we were in Florida on very sandy soil and I did not bring enough boards with me to put under the stabilizers. I will do a better job of setting it up next time on our trip up to Charleston,SC for a 12 day outing on 11/18 I'll see how the 'general' vibrations/shaking is then. If it continues I may go with the SteadyFast system.......I need to research that system some more...
    Thanks Alan,

That is the exact info I am looking for. Thank You for sharing. I understand the whole camper shake. I feel the choke you put between the tires help the forward back motion tremendously. BAL X Choke may help you also.

The sad part is we just traded our Sunny Brook for the (Brand X) that slide out floor has the flexing issue. The floor plan is identical to the Grand Design Reflection 313 RLTS. We are willing to take the loss of money now instead of not enjoying the unit we purchased.

Our Dealer and salesman are being really good to us.

What I was looking for was some real life situations like you shared to help me make a decision. It is hard to catch everything whie looking at the units on the dealer lots.

The Salesman has the RV reserved for us. We will check it out on Monday and hopefully be able to bring it home on Wednesday.