User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Slide Operation

We live wherever you find us, we are full-time travelers.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slide Operation

We have a 369RL that we have been really happy with and we have pulled it almost 16,000 miles this year. Lately, we have noticed that the kitchen slide does not retract at the bottom rear. It sticks out about 2 inches at the bottom, the top retracts snugly.

In the last week, both slides have begun to act strangely during retraction. The slides begin to retract, move about 6 inches and stop, the pump quits. I let go of the switch, wait a second or two, press the switch again, and they will move another 6 inches or a foot and quit again. This is repeated until they are snugged up except for the bottom rear of the kitchen slide.

Do I have one problem or two separate problems? Does anyone have any ideas about this? I am nearly 2000 miles from the dealer that I bought it from.
    David, Judy, and Roscoe
    2014 Solitude 369RL
    2013 Ram 3500 6.7l Cummins LB 4WD SRW

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may have two separate problems. For some reason, the auto-resetting circuit breaker on the hydraulic pump is tripping then resetting itself. I believe that they can get weak over time and may need to be replaced. If the kitchen slide was coming all the way in previously, then something must have loosen allowing it to get misaligned. Here's a link to the manual which includes adjustments if you handy... http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...de-out-web.pdf

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Dave is correct about the circuit breaker becoming weak and giving you the start and stopping action on the slides. We have the same unit and have had the same problem. You will find the circuit breaker located in the front storage compartment attached to the curb side wall. You can get a replacement at most auto parts stores if you don't have any RV dealers close by. I keep a spare just in case it happens again. Here are a couple of pics of what the circuit breaker looks like.

Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0282.jpg   IMG_0283.jpg  
    Last edited by Steve and Cill; 10-31-2015 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Add Pictures

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input on this. I have found that you are both quite correct. There is a bracket under there that sits at an angle of about 20 degrees. I can't see the welds but they may be broken. JD at Grand Design referred us to a dealer near here in Willis, Texas and they were kind enough to set an appointment for 30 November to make repairs. Re-welding this could be quite a job since the skirting has to come off and the floor of the slide is supported by the longitudinal tubing that the bracket is welded to.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20151102_110952.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	3407
    David, Judy, and Roscoe
    2014 Solitude 369RL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an update;
    Holiday World of Willis, Texas took our 369RL into the shop today. They said that they straightened the bracket that attaches the rack gear to the square tubing that supports, and runs the length of, the kitchen slide, and re-welded it. They charged me $760 for that. My 369 is only 13 months old and I don't see how this happened since it must have required a lot of force to bend it. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
    By the way, I have an extended warranty from First Extended for which I paid $2837. They are not willing to cover any of this since it involves the brackets.
    David, Judy, and Roscoe
    2014 Solitude 369RL

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked mine. Everything seems fine with the exception of the circuit breaker which I replaced. I would suggest talking to Grand Design. They have been great about working with owners on abnormal conditions that occured even with the unit out of warranty.
    David & Linda - Plainview, VA
    2008 3500HD CrewCab DRW
    2014 369RL #258
    2007 Solstice
    2008 TrailBlazer
    2016 Kia Sorento
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have spoken to them. They referred me to the dealership in Willis.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    David, Judy, and Roscoe
    2014 Solitude 369RL

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was your problem documented before the warranty was up? I would think that since it may have failed prior to your 12 mth warranty, it's not your problem that they couldn't get the work done while still under warranty.