User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Claybreaker96

Back to the dealer after one day........

Well not starting off on a good foot. I had to take my just delivered 2016 313 back to the dealer after having it less than two days. One of the slides is not closing all the way leaving a 1.5" gap at the top. so if it rained the water would come right in to the top of the slide. Called the dealer and was first told out first opening is in January. I said I don't think so I am bring in right now. Talked to salesman and he got the service manager to look at it and he said needs adjusted....and they would take care of it... I was planning to go camping this Friday in Gettysburg hope I make it.....

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to ask...did the slide close properly during the PDI at the dealer?

Dave
    Dave and Monica - Gore Bay, Ontario
    Vitus the Hungarian Vizsla
    2014 Reflection 337 RLS #129
    2008 F250 V10 CC Lariat RWD

Claybreaker96
    I do not recall. We did our PDI while it was inside all the slides were out. Then after the paperwork was done it was all hooked up and outside. It did not standout till we came to our storage lot to put all of the stuff back into the new camper.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that is part of the design, albiet a lousy one, on Reflections, both fivers and TT's. I was told repeatedly that this is normal for these trailers. That was also addressed somewhere here on the blog. It really shows near the bottom, especially on the Schwintec (sp) slides. The curb side doesn't do that as much as the street side. However, the seals seem to connect as I haven't had any leaks, even when spending most of the day driving in torrential rain. Just looks like its not fully closed, and I don't like it, but it appears that is the way it is designed.
    Don and Anita
    Oklahoma
    2015 RAM 2500 Cummins Diesel Laramie Edition
    2017 Reflection 337
    Anderson Ultimate Hitch/B&W Companion...depending on weight

Site Sponsor
    Kerrville, TX RV parks through April 2020
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had to have gears replaced and the rack bars top and bottom on both the front and back sides of the bedroom slide on our 337 Reflection. There are ways to manually override the control box functions to move the front and rear of the slides independently. I think they emailed me the instructions, or have customer service send them directly. I will look for mine! On our slide, the bottom is a little bit further out than the top, seems OK with this.
    AKA Steve and Lynne
    Storm the Black Lab
    Reflection 337 RLS vin 573FR3628E3300393
    2008 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab Longbox
    6.7 Cummins, 68 RFE transmission
    B and W Companion, Air Lifts

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lawdes View Post
    I think that is part of the design, albiet a lousy one, on Reflections, both fivers and TT's. I was told repeatedly that this is normal for these trailers.
    I can't agree that it's a design issue on the Reflections. There's no reason that the gap around the slide can't be the same top to bottom, side to side...just need someone to adjust it properly with the patience it takes to get it right.

Dave

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree with Dave. I had an issue with my bedroom slide on my 337, had it adjusted by Lippert, and it is the same gap all the way around. Mine had to be actually lifted up and reset on the aft side. Took about a half an hour to do.

Jim
    Jim and Cecille
    Sumner, MI
    2019 Solitude S-Class 2930RL #1098
    Used to be 2014 Reflection 337RLS #277
    2015 Chevy 2500HD Duramax 6.5' Box

Claybreaker96
    Back from the dealer. They said they had to call GD for instructions for the adjustment. It is touching the seals now but still just does not seem right to me. I went today to see the other 313 the dealer had. They moved it in and out for me to see. It is just like mine. Just seems odd to see the bottom of the slide pull in 3-5" before the top starts to move, Is this normal? it is the Kitchen slide the heavy one.. I took it out this past weekend for our first trip to Gettysburg. All worked great. AC is quite, heat worked nice. Fireplace was nice too. So far my only worry is how the slide goes in but maybe that's how it is made to work. My last camped was a Tracer and after out first trip I had a fix-it list of about 20 items. With this one I have zero as of now... I was worried about what I have seen on the forums on camper shake. I have to say mine did not shake to bad compared to my Tracer. It is a big adjustment going from a bunkhouse to a RL but everyone realy liked to open space of the 313. Might go out again this weekend.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I left my trailer close to the dealership first 6 months. And I went to the local campgrounds the first week I had it. Then I moved my Reflection 140 miles to its permanent home. Wanted to be close in case service was required. Had I had any problems on day 2, they'd have pulled my trailer in front of other units in for service.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is the kitchen slide the same on your camper as the bedroom slide which is a Schwintek...a gear rack top and bottom of the exterior wall on each side. I believe current build now uses the same drive as the curb side slide...electric through the frame. The motion you describe is typical of a though the frame drive where the bottom always moves first when extending or retracting. Strange that the dealership would need instructions from GD as this style of slideroom drive has been around for many years.

Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast