User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    JJones

366DEN Outdoor Kitchen

Do any of you find the outdoor kitchen to be a bit tall? We have not used ours yet but my wife is afraid that with the height she will risk burning her self trying to cook on it. Looking at building some type of platform for her to stand on while using it. Wondering if anyone else has done something like this and if so what did you build and how do you like it? hoping for something semi portable. Im 6'2" so it shouldn't be a problem for me and I can cook in it when we go places but for our home base (will be living in it full time in less than a month) I would like something to make her comfortable using it. Thanks in advance!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not the same unit, but I had a camper with the outdoor kitchen. I noticed ours was tall when we would park at certain campsites. If it sloped to the rear it was always tall, and when it would slop to the front it was perfect. I thought about a platform, but it was to carrier when we would go somewheres. I know this probably didn't help, but it was my experience. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Stephen & Nikki

2013 Ford F-250 SRW w/Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, B&W Companion Hitch,
    Titan XXL 50 Gallon Mid-Ship Fuel Tank and Viair Onboard Air.
    2015 Grand Design Momentum 350M
    2009 Club Car Golf Cart
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

JJones
    Quote Originally Posted by GD350M View Post
    Not the same unit, but I had a camper with the outdoor kitchen. I noticed ours was tall when we would park at certain campsites. If it sloped to the rear it was always tall, and when it would slop to the front it was perfect. I thought about a platform, but it was to carrier when we would go somewheres. I know this probably didn't help, but it was my experience. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LOL Thanks! Sounds like you are seeing the same problem I am...now to just come up with a solution. We will spend most of our time parked at my dads property only leaving for short (weekend) trips on occasion. So I am good building something that isn't portable. But if there is something that could be made portable that I haven't thought of that would be awesome.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Custom deck

We have the same issue with wife standing 5’1” tall. We built a deck that allows for proper height. We are full timers currently on a long stay with little travel. Not sure how we take wooden desk on short trips but probably just not use outdoor kitchen. Does seem like an oversight on engineering. Great idea, bad execution.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1521131443501834671375.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	118341u.
    Here is pic of one I made if I did this right

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made it wide as I could and slide it in bed of pickup behind the hitch. Makes it nicer to reach stuff in outdoor kitchen