Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need a wiring schematic/diagram for Reflection 313 RLTS 12volt 30amp Bussmann Breaker

I need a wiring schematic/diagram for Reflection 313 RLTS 2 12volt 30amp Bussmann Breakers that are directly behind the battery box on the front right frame rail(underneath on the frame rail). One of my breakers was bad and I need to replace that breaker. But in an emergency measure to get 12volt circuits back on to the inside of the trailer, my dealer moved all of the 12 volt circuit wires from the failed breaker to the remaining good breaker. I am having a new breaker shipped(2 day rush) to me but we are now traveling and I do not know how the dealer service moved the wires and which wires to move back once I install the new breaker.

If anyone has a wiring diagram specifically for the Reflection 313 RLTS OR can crawl under theirs and take a photo of the 2 12v 30amp breakers and wiring o them I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you Alan

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Alan,

Grand Design has refused to supply wiring diagrams . . . since forever.
    I specifically questioned this at the Rally this past summer and was told by Grand Design executives that wiring diagrams do not exist. I still don't believe this. Your best bet is to get someone with the same trailer as yours, to take a picture.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    2015 Reflection 303RLS

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12VDC Electrical

Not sure if this will help.
    I felt the workmanship and basically how the 12VDC was managed was not very good so I completely re-done all the connectors on the #6AWG cables.
    I added a fuse block to do away with all the in-line fuses and powered the coach and the fuse block after the battery disconnect.
    Now the only things that are actually connected to my battery when the battery disconnect is off is power going to the hydraulic system and the electric brakes.
    I never was able to determine what some of the wires were for.
    Overall, I just cleaned up what was a pretty messy install.
    The attached schematic was after I made these changes, but it may give you some insight about what is in your rig.
    Best wishes.
    UPDATE 06.FEB.2016
    The only parts I added were the fuse block and the POS 12VDC post.
    The fuse block #FPATC9 ordered from http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/fuseholders.html
    The POS 12 VDC post #38STUDRED was also ordered from http://www.ceautoelectricsupply.com/...#JunctionStuds
    Other fuse blocks are available and a popular choice are Blue Sea Systems ST Blade Fuse Block which can be bought on amazon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Schematic 12VDC r02.pdf   12018595_889984027745525_369071319_o.jpg   12020168_889983994412195_1136108478_o.jpg   12041567_889983977745530_2057180273_o.jpg   12041327_889984041078857_457803556_o.jpg  

Peggy and Jamey Matheny
    2016 Grand Design Solitude 5th Wheel 369RL Serial #G1104808
    As of 19 April 2019, 792 nights and 23,887 trailer miles.
    2015 Ford F-250 4X4 Super Cab SRW 148" WB 6.7L Powerstroke Diesel

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grand Design 12 v Bussmann Breaker wiring/ Sloppy Engineering/Poor Quality

Thank you for the reply............

Yes, the Grand Design factory wiring and location of those 12 v Bussmann Breakers is completely unacceptable when I found out where they were and how they were wired on my 2015 Reflection 313 RTLS. What the heck was Grand Design thinking when they located these breakers under the frame rail (under the trailer) exposed to the weather...yeah they have covers...but they are crumby covers that will fail in a year or maybe sooner. This is sloppy engineering and not a Grand Design.....I am beginning to wonder about the quality of Grand Design.

These breakers should have at least been located in the very accessible and dry storage compartment directly above where they are now. This situation is an 'accident waiting to happen' .... and it has already happened to me and I am not a Happy Camper at all.

I don't have the time available to do it now, but I am going to correct this sloppy engineering work by Grand Design and get some quality 12v Blue Sea Breakers and locate them in my dry storage compartment. Grand Design should be ashamed of themselves for putting out a product like this..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Hi Alan,
    Grand Design has refused to supply wiring diagrams . . . since forever.
    I specifically questioned this at the Rally this past summer and was told by Grand Design executives that wiring diagrams do not exist. I still don't believe this.
    I think the issue is that the diagrams they have show an overview "this device is connected after a fuse in this box", but there isn't a standard to say "run this wire 6" in from the edge of the trailer 28' from point a to point b". It seems that RV manufacturers also consider a lot of things "proprietary" and let that feeling of secrecy prevent them from sharing much. In all honesty, I can't say that there is anything really "proprietary" to these trailers - other than the fact that when it comes to Grand Design they generally seem to take more pride in their work, and they really do care more about the customer.

The cabinets and details around the slide-outs are most likely a design specific to Grand Design (and are generally much nicer than the competition), and the layout is certainly proprietary to them. Other than that, the construction methods and components used are all pretty much the same across the industry.

What I'd like to see are at least some rough diagrams, a "typical" diagram showing the overall layout behind the walls and the underside with rough measurements showing locations of tanks, pipes, wiring, etc. One looking from the top down, and one or two looking from the left and/or right. Perhaps one set showing pipes/tanks, another showing wiring. I think most people could understand a "typical" diagram and that your specific RV may not meet those exact measurements.

If they provided that in the owners manual, it would be fantastic. It would be another thing to set them above the rest in the industry, and wouldn't really give away anything truly secret.
    Editor - www.RamGunner.com and www.MomentumGunner.com
    2014 Ram 3500 Tradesman/CTD/AISIN/4.10/4WD/CC/LB/DRW/VHF/UHF/APRS/CB/SCANNER
    B&W RVK3600 5th Wheel Hitch/Reese 30140 Gooseneck Ball/Gen-Y HDGH-604 Receiver
    2016 Momentum 385TH (Internal LAN/AV Distribution/Polaris RZR 800 EPS/CB/SCANNER/VHF/UHF/APRS and HF for World-Wide Communications)

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for you reply........
    I would love to look at the attachment that you included. But I keep getting the msg "you do not have permisson to view these images" ?????? And I am logged in with my forum ID and I can view other people's forum images. Not sure why I cannot view yours?? I do plan to also completely re-work Grand Design's very poor 12V Bussmann breaker wiring and use quality Blue Sea 12 v breakers and breaker panel and relocate the breakers & wiring to a dry area in my front storage compartment which is directly above where they are now.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to be a paid subscriber to access that. It's $12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanEdie View Post
    Thank you for you reply........
    But I keep getting the msg "you do not have permisson to view these images" ??????
    You need to become a "Site Sponsor" $12 a year.

Milton

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RamGunner View Post
    If they provided that in the owners manual, it would be fantastic. It would be another thing to set them above the rest in the industry, and wouldn't really give away anything truly secret.
    What could be "secret", remove a panel and there it is. I think they just want to give the assemblers the ability to be as 'creative' as they want (why use a 20' wire when four 5' pieces will do )

Milton

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Site Sponsor $12 year???????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by mbaker View Post
    You need to become a "Site Sponsor" $12 a year.

Milton
    OK, I give up!! Where do you find the information on becoming a site sponsor???? Is the Grand Design Owners web site run and owned by Grand Design , Inc or who???????????????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast